• New Display options
    • Speedometer Style
      • Normal
      • Bold
      • Italic
      • Bold Italic
    • Numeric Strength Overlay
      • Priority Alert Display and HD overlay/alert table only
      • Number of strength meter LEDs overlaid on top of signal orientation arrow
  • New Alert Table options
    • Alert Table Type
      • HD (High Density)
        • Much larger font for frequencies, tail numbers, mark alert type, and CSA alert type
      • SD (Standard Density)
      • SD XL (Standard Density Xtra Large)
      • Replaces High-Density Alert Table and Use Larger Fonts options
    • Row Animations
      • Animate Changes
        • Adds animation of alert table rows when rows are added, deleted, and/or moved to a new position
        • Also applies to overlay table
      • Animation Duration
        • 300 - 1000 ms
      • Flash New Alerts
        • New alerts added to alert table will flash (exc. V1 alerts coming from priority alert display)
      • Flash Duration
        • 2 - 5 secs
      • Pulsate Inactive Ka Alerts
        • When a Ka alert goes inactive (grayed out) it will pulsate as a reminder until removed at end of hold time
  • New Alert Overlay options
    • Overlay Type
      • Use Alert Table Setting
      • HD
      • SD
      • SD XL
    • Other Alerts
      • Row limits for each type of non-V1 alert
      • Replaces toggles for each type of non-V1 alert
  • Overrides
    • Added PAWS actions to turn on/off show helicopters option
    • Behavioral change: When transitioning directly from an override area with a PAWS or Auto V1 Mode (AVM) action to an override area with no corresponding action, PAWS/AVM states will return to their default states (as they were before any override activated).
  • Marks (RLC, Speed Cameras, etc)
    • Map markers use a lot of transparency by default
    • Transparency decreased for markers when alerted to corresponding mark
    • POI-Factory.com camera databases are now in-app downloads
  • New CSA options
    • Other On Shoulder
      • Receive alerts for on-shoulder alerts besides cars
    • Other On Road
      • Receive alerts for on-road alerts besides objects
  • PAWS changes
    • HD alert table shows tracked time (position age removed)
    • Bearing arrow turns orange when aircraft is postured to monitor your speed (really close and tracking generally parallel to your direction of travel)
    • New class-specific icons for map markers and alerts
    • Option to enable/disable suspiciousness of twin-engine piston/turboprop airplanes
    • Option to show aircraft graph only for suspicious aircraft
    • Long-press aircraft graph to load path prior to being tracked by PAWS (if available)
    • Long press MAP button to view aircraft on external web site/app (configurable)
      • ADS-B Exchange
      • FlightAware
      • Flightradar24
      • PlaneFinder
      • RadarBox
    • Icao filter works with tail numbers, too
    • Added third data source
    • Source Configuration
      • Can configure which sources are used for Auto and All source selections
    • Aircraft Database
      • In-app downloads to save data usage while driving:
        • ICAO model reference
        • FAA Releasable Aircraft Database
        • OpenSky Aircraft Database
      • Stored in its own database, separate from main app database

Whew!

JB

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Here's a demo of the new animation and numeric strength overlay. The animation really helps to see where an alert may have jumped to when the list is reordered.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
WOW! So many changes!

"POI-Factory.com camera databases are now in-app downloads"

The Red-Light Cam Database and Speed Cam Database both appear to be empty until the current databases are downloaded. They might not be empty, but it looks like it at first. :)
[Correction - They are still there from previous installs]

This is a huge change that many might not have noticed among all of the other changes. Johnboy00 can focus on releases as they are needed for bugfixes and new features.

We are now in control of these Red-Light Cam Database and Speed Cam Database downloads! No need to wait for Johnboy00 to release another update. :)
[Correction - Johnboy00 is still providing these databases, but they can be done independently of JBV1 updates]

Make sure to update these periodically for best results. How often should these databases be updated John?
[Additional info - Johnboy00 intends to make this update process more automatic]

The screen I am showing below is at Menu > Settings > Marks
You can also search in Menu > Settings > (Magnifying glass symbol at the top right) for Marks and any other setting you are looking for!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200615-075302.png
    Screenshot_20200615-075302.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_20200615-075607.png
    Screenshot_20200615-075607.png
    169 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

V1Jake

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Amazing!!!!!

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
"Aircraft Database
  • In-app downloads to save data usage while driving:
    • ICAO model reference
    • FAA Releasable Aircraft Database
    • OpenSky Aircraft Database
  • Stored in its own database, separate from main app database"
It looks like Aircraft Databases are now available to us as well!
Menu > Settings > PAWS > Aircraft Database OR Search > Aircraft Database

There are three databases that I understand will really speed up PAWS alerts!

Last edited:

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
WOW! So many changes!
The Red-Light Cam Database and Speed Cam Database both appear to be empty until the current databases are downloaded? They might not be empty, but it looks like it at first. :)

This is a huge change that many might not have noticed among all of the other changes. Johnboy00 can focus on releases as they are needed for bugfixes and new features.

We are now in control of these Red-Light Cam Database and Speed Cam Database downloads! No need to wait for Johnboy00 to release another update. :)

Make sure to update these periodically for best results. How often should these databases be updated John?

The screen I am showing below is at Menu > Settings > Marks
You can also search in Menu > Settings > (Magnifying glass symbol at the top right) for Marks and any other setting you are looking for!

If you already have the camera databases loaded from an earlier release, the data is still there. The in-app downloads still depend on me because it isn't downloaded directly from the source. I download the data and encrypt it before making it available as an in-app download. The big difference is that the data is no longer in the app package, so I can release camera database updates without an app release.

If you already had the FAA Registry data installed, it's NOT still there. I had to make a few changes to what was imported, and since I wanted to move that large amount of data out of the main app database that gets backed up by backup and restore, that data is dropped.

Eventually, I plan to make camera databases either semi-automatic (you get a notification when update is available) or fully automatic. There will be no auto updates of the aircraft database, because the volume of data is too large.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Aircraft alerts now include the aircraft classification code, when known, in the HD alert table and map marker. This code is formatted like this:

L1P
|||
||+-- (P)iston, (T)urboprop/turboshaft, (J)et
|+--- # of engines
+---- (L)andplane, (H)elicopter, (O)ther

Actual threats should mostly be L1P. Some areas may also use helicopters, though. I don't think anyone uses twin-engine planes for speed enforcement, but there's an option to enable those for suspicious alerts. They would be L2T or L2P.

novarider

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Wow huge update, some really great stuff in this one! I'm going to try HD overlay with the number strength. I don't remember, is there a way to resize the overlay? Not the position but actually make it bigger or smaller?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Wow huge update, some really great stuff in this one! I'm going to try HD overlay with the number strength. I don't remember, is there a way to resize the overlay? Not the position but actually make it bigger or smaller?

The overlay is sized to fit the content. The only size adjustability is with the content itself (HD, etc.). It's a lot of work maintaining a bunch of different layouts for different sizes of various things, so I have to limit the choices.

novarider

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The overlay is sized to fit the content. The only size adjustability is with the content itself (HD, etc.). It's a lot of work maintaining a bunch of different layouts for different sizes of various things, so I have to limit the choices.
Completely understand, maybe with the strength numbers you'll be able to eliminate the SD version. IIRC the strength bar was the only thing people (myself included) didn't like about the HD.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Completely understand, maybe with the strength numbers you'll be able to eliminate the SD version. IIRC the strength bar was the only thing people (myself included) didn't like about the HD.

That's my goal. Showing a separate strength meter inline with the frequency and orientation arrow on the same row takes up room that I'd rather use for other information, or to make the row more narrow (overlay).

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
There's an issue with theme transitions (light <-> dark) for existing alert rows in both the alert table and overlay. The fixes will be released later today.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Still brilliant JB, well done.

novarider

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Why are these lockouts colored yellow/orange? It makes them hard to see.

Screenshot_20200615-144935_Waze.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I'm finding the strength numbers on the overlay hard to see, especially when the arrows are green.

Last edited:

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
That's part of the fix being released later.

You can turn the numeric strength off if you don't like it.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I may try reversing the color scheme on the numeric strength to see if that's any better.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdubz