How is JBV1 used with the R3?

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’ve read that some people use JBV1 with a non-V1 RD. For example, how is JBV1 used with the Uniden R3? What is the recommended way of using it with the R3? What features should you disable/enable and other settings modifications?

Android phone WILL have internet connection by the way. Thanks

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Run it in standalone mode. I like features like crowd-sourced alerts, paws (aircraft info), heatmaps for where officers are often camping, speed limit info, and reverse geocode to show my location as I drive.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
To be absolutely clear for those that might not know, JBV1 (or any app) will not display what a non-connected detector is doing. JBV1 in standalone mode will operate the same as if you don't have a detector at all.

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I use it in standalone mode with my TMG, I started using it about 4 months ago after getting a ticket in Ohio from an airplane, now I know where those sneaky devil's are in the sky.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I use it in standalone mode with my TMG, I started using it about 4 months ago after getting a ticket in Ohio from an airplane, now I know where those sneaky devil's are in the sky.

Have you tried the TMG Brake Force Detection feature yet? Its pretty slick.

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Have you tried the TMG Brake Force Detection feature yet? Its pretty slick.
No I haven't tried it yet, I'm still waiting on feedback from other members to see what they think. The only way I think JBV1 could be better is if we could report where the cops are sitting like the Waze app but I'm not sure if that is possible, sometimes I will run Waze in the background but once I put my phone in the cradle on the dash I don't like to mess with it, as far as switching between apps anyways.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Don't forget the overlay mode of JBV1. You can run another app like Waze and JBV1 will place an overlay over the top when it has something to alert to.

Also, there's built-in activation of split-screen mode too.

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Don't forget the overlay mode of JBV1. You can run another app like Waze and JBV1 will place an overlay over the top when it has something to alert to.

Also, there's built-in activation of split-screen mode too.
Really?? I'm still fairly new to JBV1 and definitely have not used it for all it's worth. I'm going to try to figure it out right now..

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is there a Waze icon that can be put on the JBV1 screen so that I could run Waze in the background but easily hit an icon to get to the Waze app without having to do multiple things to get to the Waze app?

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
JBV1 can automatically run Waze on start up and put itself in the background. Then auto kill Waze as well when you stop.
You name it, JB has probably done it.
This why we zombies are nuttier over JBV1 than the V1 itself. Well, a little bit anyway.

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is there a Waze icon that can be put on the JBV1 screen so that I could run Waze in the background but easily hit an icon to get to the Waze app without having to do multiple things to get to the Waze app?

You mean like the "Highway Radar" app does? That's very handy to use. I just wish it could work in reverse, going from VVaze back to HR.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

There's a Waze icon at the bottom left of the alert screen, if you don't have a TMG connected. Otherwise, you can just hit the back button once in JBV1 if you got to it by tapping the overlay while Waze was running in the foreground. Easy back and forth with one tap.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No I haven't tried it yet, I'm still waiting on feedback from other members to see what they think. The only way I think JBV1 could be better is if we could report where the cops are sitting like the Waze app but I'm not sure if that is possible, sometimes I will run Waze in the background but once I put my phone in the cradle on the dash I don't like to mess with it, as far as switching between apps anyways.

You can use BFD Info mode to try it yourself, it is practice mode essentially. I have sound files of TMG/ALP's going off and put it on shuffle. It gives you a real time feel of how the feature works. Then, just turn off BFD Info mode and go about your merry way. With that and being ready to JTK even when at PSL, I feel a whole lot closer to an acceptable JTK than before. I also have my finger ready to JTK when a Waze alert or KA (my city cops leave this on while shooting laser) is present.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggo