New Gen 1 Thin Remote Display from FullColorDefense

Beachman64

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I received my thin color display today for use with my Gen2 (Matt set the strength signal LEDs as GGYYRRRR) and it's a wonderful upgrade. Very thin and very light and very easy to mount in places where the V1 version just won't fit. Since there is no jack on the CD itself, this has to be more of a permanent installation than the Valentine versions, as the cord does not disconnect from the CD, but it's so thin and, if you like to mount it in a corner of the dash, for example, it's easy to just fold forward onto its face, and it becomes very inconspicuous.
Nor does it take much Velcro to hold it in place.
Pics please

Matthewstorm

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I happened across this discovery while perusing eBay. That led me back to their main website where I confirmed that they are in fact releasing a new shallow depth Gen 1 Remote Concealed Display. It looks like an awesome option for those who like the Gen 1 style display (vs. the Gen 2). Personally I prefer the all-red LED display over the color modified ones.

Price is ~$160 USD, though they have a sale for pre orders at $144.

View attachment 150382

View attachment 150383

View attachment 150384

View attachment 150385

View attachment 150386

View attachment 150387

View attachment 150388

View attachment 150389

View attachment 150390
Can you please explain how this is powered and connected. There's nothing on the web site. Thanks.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That plugs in to the ACC port of the power supply just like the factory Concealed Display would be. Essentially, it is a factory unit with a different case and different LEDs.
ACC.jpg

Last edited:

squidd99

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Here's four pictures of the thin display in my car, as of now. After I use this on the road for a while, I may move things around. We shall see. I added one photo of the unit face down. I often remove the V1 from the car, and I would also remove the CD, as it would just might act as a signal that there may be a V1 inside, and suggest something to the perp which both he and I would regret later. The think CD can't be removed, but it can easily be folded down, or I may turn it around and push it forward on that little shelf part of the dash that I have it sitting on, where it would practically disappear.
all 4 photos-medium.jpg

Beachman64

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Here's four pictures of the thin display in my car, as of now. After I use this on the road for a while, I may move things around. We shall see. I added one photo of the unit face down. I often remove the V1 from the car, and I would also remove the CD, as it would just might act as a signal that there may be a V1 inside, and suggest something to the perp which both he and I would regret later. The think CD can't be removed, but it can easily be folded down, or I may turn it around and push it forward on that little shelf part of the dash that I have it sitting on, where it would practically disappear. View attachment 151152
Nice!!!

Matthewstorm

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Here's four pictures of the thin display in my car, as of now. After I use this on the road for a while, I may move things around. We shall see. I added one photo of the unit face down. I often remove the V1 from the car, and I would also remove the CD, as it would just might act as a signal that there may be a V1 inside, and suggest something to the perp which both he and I would regret later. The think CD can't be removed, but it can easily be folded down, or I may turn it around and push it forward on that little shelf part of the dash that I have it sitting on, where it would practically disappear. View attachment 151152
I thought it's only available for pre-order?
Can you show how it's connected to the V1? Thanks!

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light πŸ“Ά
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought it's only available for pre-order?
Can you show how it's connected to the V1? Thanks!
On the website it does say that, however the seller has them listed on eBay.

squidd99

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
It connects to the V1 the same way the Valentine CD does, with a phone-type plug. The big difference is that there is no removable jack at the display end of the cord.
As for "pre-ordering," I think that's the same thing as ordering.

ppactor

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a waterproof remote color display, for use on a motorcycle? Using the V1 gen 2 with JBV1, but a display in the console would be a nice addition.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light πŸ“Ά
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a waterproof remote color display, for use on a motorcycle? Using the V1 gen 2 with JBV1, but a display in the console would be a nice addition.
@SquirrelMaster - What would you recommend for waterproofing? I had a few ideas, but realized we may as well ask the PCB master himself.

LaughingCrow

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
it is slim but unfortunately too wide for my application. Guess I'll be waiting on VR to release the new CD, which according to their specs is a perfect fit in the ashtray of my AMG

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
it is slim but unfortunately too wide for my application. Guess I'll be waiting on VR to release the new remote display which according to their specs is a perfect fit in the ashtray of my AMG
That's how I did it in my Subaru in 2004!

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So with the v1 g2 it would be full radar strength at 6 of 8 dots?

Bloovy One

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The ESP rectangular box CD will show 6 lights at full alert, but 8 lights at boot up. :)

springer1981

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@SquirrelMaster - What would you recommend for waterproofing?
Waterproofing the stock RD would be more difficult than the color RD. To do the stock RD from V1, I would use clear silicone. It is easy to take it apart. Seal the front display and button first. Then seal around the RJ11 jack to the PC board using silicone liberally so only the jack is a point of entry for water. Then put it back together sealing the rest of the display with silicone as well. This will make it so it is never coming apart again. Let it setup for a day or two. This should make the display waterproof except the RJ11 jack. Use Dielectric Grease from a tube, not the spray type. Fill the RJ11 jack and plug your cord in. That should waterproof the jack. Once a year you might check the jack and reapply the grease..

The Custom color display, do the same thing only no jack to deal with.

That's how I'd approach it.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
So with the v1 g2 it would be full radar strength at 6 of 8 dots?
Guys @SquirrelMaster
Has a FANTASIC AMAZING OLED V1 G1/G2
Display

SHows 4 Actual Alerts and is VERY MUCH R7/R3 ish on display. Arrows diff colors coding is openish Sourced etc etc.

MUCH MUCH MUCH NICER THAN THIS PIDDLY
@SS STD LED Display that Vslentine is offering.

AND it plays well w JBV1 if so inclined πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joeziggy