TMG for my 2014 CRV?

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
port-utility-vehicle-car-zcNgZCgNxdeYYjGaeAcm09Vpx.jpg

Stock image of the CRV bodystyle/grill.

Hey all,
I'm looking at perhaps putting in (myself this time) a 2 head TMG and VPR head on the front end. TMG over ALP as I'm broke and $850 CAD sounds alot better than $1700 CAD. And in Calgary and where I drive on the highways,I personally have seen no dragoneye....knock on wood haha.
I'd imagine the ideal setup is one regular sensor at each corner, and then the VPR in the dead center. What are your thoughts?

And would I need to drill into the tailgate in order to setup rear sensors? Probably don't want to go there lol. I'll probably figure this out if I take off the huge interior one piece trim panel...

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You have an excellent grill for mounting the fronts, so that part shouldn't be too hard.

The VPR into the top of the "H" using a Dremel would be a great place for it and be discreet. The other two front heads on the same plane, close to the headlights looks like it works give solid coverage.

Pics of the rear?

Last edited:

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
HONDA-CR-V-5317_64.jpg

Last edited:

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My recommendation would be as follows even though I would be tempted to have RX heads on front lower and VPR higher but because your grill narrows in this might be a good starting point. Rear is similar to mine in that format and should work fine. You just need to put the wires in via holes of license plate maybe?

Just need to get tested. Contact me if you want to get tested. @System and I are probably willing to test. I have a Stalker RLR for starters and UL 100

port-utility-vehicle-car-zcNgZCgNxdeYYjGaeAcm09Vpx.jpg
HONDA-CR-V-5317_64.jpg

STS-134

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Did you even search?
https://www.rdforum.org/threads/74924/

Calgary is also only 300km from Edmonton which seems to be the DET capital of Canada so...

??
I understand there IS Dragoneye in Alberta, especially in Edmonton.
Luckily, I am in CALGARY, not EDMONTON and I have no intention to drive to Edmonton.
Like I said, I have not encountered any Dragoneye in practice. In CALGARY, they use ProLasers and Ultralytes.
On my highway driving, I have also encountered Prolasers and ultralytes.
I'm sure if I venture more outside of my usual route though, I could in fact encounter some Dragon. At which point, I am ok with the perhaps more marginal performance TMG offers vs ALP.
Thanks for the input though.
Post automatically merged:

My recommendation would be as follows even though I would be tempted to have RX heads on front lower and VPR higher but because your grill narrows in this might be a good starting point. Rear is similar to mine in that format and should work fine. You just need to put the wires in via holes of license plate maybe?

Just need to get tested. Contact me if you want to get tested. @System and I are probably willing to test. I have a Stalker RLR for starters and UL 100
Awesome, thanks for the offer and placement suggestions! :)

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There is DE in Airdrie and from Crossiron north so be careful around there!

STS-134

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
??
I understand there IS Dragoneye in Alberta, especially in Edmonton.
Luckily, I am in CALGARY, not EDMONTON and I have no intention to drive to Edmonton.
Like I said, I have not encountered any Dragoneye in practice. In CALGARY, they use ProLasers and Ultralytes.
On my highway driving, I have also encountered Prolasers and ultralytes.
I'm sure if I venture more outside of my usual route though, I could in fact encounter some Dragon. At which point, I am ok with the perhaps more marginal performance TMG offers vs ALP.
Thanks for the input though.
Good grief, did you even READ the link I posted before replying?

DET Calgary.jpg

Mythic01

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Good grief, did you even READ the link I posted before replying?

View attachment 150275

Fair point, no I didn't.
That said, I also had ALP for a reasonable length of time before moving on to a new vehicle.
I encountered a number of laser traps up near the traffic enforcement section, and it was always a Ultralyte or Prolaser. So, if Dragoneye is around, it is far from prevalent in our city.

The price I paid for my TMG (new latest gen units, 4 heads,), is more than worth the reduced performance vs an ALP. I paid $550 USD, something similar in an ALP would have gone for double that easily I am sure

Last edited:

goodtimes40

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
View attachment 149780

Stock image of the CRV bodystyle/grill.

Hey all,
I'm looking at perhaps putting in (myself this time) a 2 head TMG and VPR head on the front end. TMG over ALP as I'm broke and $850 CAD sounds alot better than $1700 CAD. And in Calgary and where I drive on the highways,I personally have seen no dragoneye....knock on wood haha.
I'd imagine the ideal setup is one regular sensor at each corner, and then the VPR in the dead center. What are your thoughts?

And would I need to drill into the tailgate in order to setup rear sensors? Probably don't want to go there lol. I'll probably figure this out if I take off the huge interior one piece trim panel...
Nothing but saves with my TMG setup. Good choice.

System

PSL ÷ 2
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
There isn't any DragonEye inner city but every department outside of Calgary has mostly DET now. I was hit right at city limits last week. Either TMG or ALP would serve you well with what we see!

What happened to your ALP duals?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmednofal