V1G2 Lighter Adapter ?

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Does the V1G2 come with a lighter adapter with a USB port to simultaneously power the RD unit and charge your smartphone (like Uniden) or do you have to purchase an aftermarket lighter adapter to achieve this? Thanks

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it's the standard light adapter from the V1G1. Port for powering the detector and a port for an accessory such as a concealed display/bluetooth/etc

valentine-one.jpg

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What is the best/recommended method to power the V1G2 and a charge a smartphone then?

A 2-socket lighted adapter or something else?

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the best/recommended method to power the V1G2 and a charge a smartphone then?

Hardwire the detector and get a lighter usb adapter.

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score

Most of us have the valentine or any detector hard wired , therefore freeing up the lighter socket for the phone or anything else we need/want.
If that’s not an option then plug your phone close , and then plug the valentine into a rear /passenger lighter socket and use the long cable that’s supplied.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
On rental cars I used a two female into one male cig socket adapter. V1 in one hole, phone or USB adapter into the other.

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
On rental cars I used a two female into one male cig socket adapter. V1 in one hole, phone or USB adapter into the other.
Thanks. That’s what I needed to know in shouting’s where I had a rental car or driving someone else’s car. I should have been more specific initially.

Can someone recommend a good one from Amazon?

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score

I don't have a V1G2, but I do plugg my radar into the 12v, In my jeep it comes with a outlet (that you would get in your house) and then I just plug my charger into that it works great.,

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks. That’s what I needed to know in shouting’s where I had a rental car or driving someone else’s car. I should have been more specific initially.

Can someone recommend a good one from Amazon?
I have one from a local supplier that fits in a cupholder, has a coil cord to the car power outlet and has two USB and two cig holes.
I can't even find a name for it anymore.
There'll be dozens of options.

NVR2FST

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Could you use a Uniden cord?
The R3 will work with a V1 adapter and cord. Will a V1 work with a Uniden adapter/cord (they are a single unit).

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could you use a Uniden cord?
The R3 will work with a V1 adapter and cord. Will a V1 work with a Uniden adapter/cord (they are a single unit).
It's not recommended. The data line on the V1 uses the same wire Uniden uses for the alert LED. So the alert LED will flicker in the Uniden cord, and the V1 data steam will have a bunch of noise on it.

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
Besides the LED flickering on the cord if connected to the v1g2 ( if tucked out view shouldn’t be a distraction ) : who knows if this would accelerate the death of a V1G2 overall. Just stick with the original accessories if possible.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beemerchef