What settings do you have on your V1 driver?

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
And how do you mute something that keeps going off over and over?

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd start here to learn the app:

And also check out this updated video for the V1Gen2:

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Gonna need a lot more info. Is it K band? Have you given it enough time to learn? Is this in an area your driving slow that could be addressed the Savvy (low speed muting).

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am still definitely learning. I read up on Vortex Radar's setup on V1Drier which is based on your hour-long explanation video. I think what may be happening is I am picking up alarm systems but also blind spot and rear proximity systems emitting radar signals. That said, my "do not report until my speed exceeds" setting is set at 40MPH.

I have the driver's steering wheel on the very botton which brings up a large chart. So, that when an alert comes up the left side of the chart lights up red. I get how the red alerts work in the sea of blue. But, the charts is a little confusing. Definitely still a noob here.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I am still definitely learning. I read up on Vortex Radar's setup on V1Drier which is based on your hour-long explanation video. I think what may be happening is I am picking up alarm systems but also blind spot and rear proximity systems emitting radar signals. That said, my "do not report until my speed exceeds" setting is set at 40MPH.

I have the driver's steering wheel on the very botton which brings up a large chart. So, that when an alert comes up the left side of the chart lights up red. I get how the red alerts work in the sea of blue. But, the charts is a little confusing. Definitely still a noob here.

Lots of folks are a bit confused with the Polar Chart presentation of bogeys. If you go to Settings -> Presentation and Change it from Bogey Polar to Bogey List. You might like that better.

To test what it looks like run the Demo (last choice under settings).

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
so if I'm driving the interstate daily to work and want to shut off rear x and k

do i do this in V1 connection or V1 driver ?
thanks

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I haven't had the occasion to use this; there was an undocumented feature in the recent Gen1s that amounted to double tapping mute to mute all signals until all signals stopped alerting.

Try that!

so if I'm driving the interstate daily to work and want to shut off rear x and k

do i do this in V1 connection or V1 driver ?
thanks

V1 Connection or manually.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
what is the difference between Mute and Snoozing and how do you set each?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
AutoMute is the same as most detectors. It mutes after a certain amount of time. Note that it only mutes the frequency it sees.

AutoSnooze is a little more complicated to explain. This Video explains it

Really not much of anything to set. Except how quickly it mutes and how long it “latches” AutoSnooze for. The defaults should be reasonable but you can adjust them.

Last edited:

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks for your excellent response
I’m just wondering if I get hit with a k and then mute it and 5 to 10 seconds later I get hit again with the same BSM k frequency and hit mute will hitting the mute block or interfere with auto snooze kicking in
many thanks

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for your excellent response
I’m just wondering if I get hit with a k and then mute it and 5 to 10 seconds later I get hit again with the same BSM k frequency and hit mute will hitting the mute block or interfere with auto snooze kicking in
many thanks

Yes, it will interfere if you manually mute it. Let it AutoSnooze. However I forgot there is a manual snooze too. Not sure if I broke it though. The help tip says double tap to snooze. But it didn’t work with the demo. But Long press on V1Driver icon, Siri ShortCut, Notification options and Apple Watch options all offer Snooze as well as mute and that does work. I need to look into the double tap. But I normally just let it AutoSnooze itself which is why I forgot the manual snooze even existed.

ALEXTWIN

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So if I get hit by a BSM that the V1G2 doesn’t block like a 24,1
just let it keep alerting and autosnooze will kit in at some point ?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
So if I get hit by a BSM that the V1G2 doesn’t block like a 24,1
just let it keep alerting and autosnooze will kit in at some point ?

Yup.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vader716