V1 Driver App you can pay $9.99 to download

FuzzBusterDale

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
OK, When I leave my apartment there are a set of electronic gates and they constantly set off. Is there a way to lock this out? What about grocery stores?

dn325ci

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I think there are a few ways you could deal with this, but for me I have savvy set to 35 mph, and don't get alerts below that. You can select each individual radar band (K, X, Ka, Ku, Laser) to be subject to the savvy limit.

But since this is a fixed infrastructure radar, after 3 encounters it will just GPS mute that radar at that location. Again, you select which bands are subject to GPS Auto Learn.

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
V1 Driver is a great app, and definitely worth the 9.99 and more!
The way V1 Driver works is that when you pass consistent false alarms, it will lock them out. IIRC You can specify the number of passes and the time between them, or you can just manually lock it out. Honestly, I've been using V1Driver since 2016(?) , and "it is really set it and forget it!" IOS is my daily so wherever my V1 goes, V1Driver is automatically there too.
It is smart and hones in on the false frequencies. Bogey counter and V1 driver saved me on my own street! They had a speed trailer there for a week, and one day heading home, I got a K alert, and I checked to see it was an extra bogey, and an leo in a car just past the trailer and stop sign! Could he have been targeting RD users? Eh, I don't think they are that bright. Probably had reports of speeding on the street, hence the speed trailer to record speeds, and then the LEO to see if he could catch someone. They can sit on that corner and catch rolling stops ALL DAY LONG!

BTW, V1Driver is one of the few (handful) PAID iOS apps that I have and use!

SwankPeRFection

✅ Whatever chupakabra.
Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
^^^ That sounds similar to the tactic story I posted a few days ago where they sit in areas with speed signs and then shoot same band guns really quickly and not constant-on to catch people no longer paying attention to their RDs going off.

thanks

for all the fish
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not really. He was positioned where he did not see the speed sign display... Speed sign facing me. Him about 100ft past the trailer and stop sign, on the other side of street facing oncoming traffic with C/O K.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
But since this is a fixed infrastructure radar, after 3 encounters [above Savvy speed] it will just GPS mute that radar at that location.
Added that bit for you for accuracy.

If the source is near a gated entrance that he pulls into, odds are good they'd be Savvy muted (muting any K-band alerts when traveling below a given speed) anyway. No lockouts required. Or if he drives by the gates on the road, and the Savvy mute speed is set to less than the speeds he's passing by them, then it'll lock them out.

kyjd75

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
V1 Driver is worth every penny of that $9.95, and more. It transforms the V1G2 from a very good detector to a great one. Highly recommended. I run Savvy set at 45 mph.

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have two V1’s (Gen1)l, and V1Driver runs in the background of my phone and my wife’s phone. She has different settings, mostly not voice announcing frequencies, but I wouldn’t be without it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vader716