Radar V1 Gen 2 with JBV1 Ka band. Car pulled over, Memorial Day Friday.

VideosFromNH

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

My trip was longer than the recording time on the android phone. So, I just videoed the phone.

Route 93 had multiple 'Speed limit enforced' signs, but didn't see much action.

Tested out a new free video editor as well (Olive on Windows 10, early alpha version)

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, with lots of driving I've determined that the arrows flip appropriately a good portion of the time. It's when the reflections are too strong that the flip is delayed.
As someone else pointed out, It seems to be a design choice by VR that the arrows don't flip back and forth repeatedly, which is nice once you realize why it's delayed.
Arrow flipping is probably not the primary purpose of arrows in the first place. It's a nice side effect of being able to detect and indicate a signal originating from behind.

I like your video format @VideosFromNH. I've considered using a Hudway device to display my JBV1 screen in the view of the camera.
Would it be possible for you to mount the Gen2 at the top of your windshield if you didn't need to record it? You might get a bump in reception by doing so.

VideosFromNH

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, with lots of driving I've determined that the arrows flip appropriately a good portion of the time. It's when the reflections are too strong that the flip is delayed.
As someone else pointed out, It seems to be a design choice by VR that the arrows don't flip back and forth repeatedly, which is nice once you realize why it's delayed.
Arrow flipping is probably not the primary purpose of arrows in the first place. It's a nice side effect of being able to detect and indicate a signal originating from behind.

I like your video format @VideosFromNH. I've considered using a Hudway device to display my JBV1 screen in the view of the camera.
Would it be possible for you to mount the Gen2 at the top of your windshield if you didn't need to record it? You might get a bump in reception by doing so.
There are times I get delayed arrow change. Someone mentioned my detector may be too low on the dash for proper rear reception. I was thinking of mounting the detector on the passenger visor and using a gen 1 concealed display on the dash. Better rear detection, with no loss of video entertainment.

Beachman64

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nice detection. The arrow flip was much better than others I've seen.
Yes the flip looks normal for a change. After watching lots of these V1Gen2 videos, I've noticed that myself as to the long delays. Also seems like it gets confused flipping back and forth from center to rear. Wondering why?
I'm starting to wonder if I should give up on getting a new V1GEN2 and just send my old one in for major updates (my V1gen1 S/N ###0614) and repair (lost k band, laser and ka still work) or get a new R7.
I've tried emailing them with no response to get rough price and their thought on my no K band issue other then website trying to push me into new v1gen2 when I type in my serial number.

NorEaster18

Probably stuck in traffic...
Advanced User
Reaction score
More and more 35.5 showing up with NHSP. I haven't seen 34.7 from them in a while. I do not like this trend :confused:

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice one! Thanks for sharing.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I've tried emailing them with no response to get rough price and their thought on my no K band issue
Email doesn't seem to be a good method of contact and there can be many reasons why.

Call them and they will help you out. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickstar93