New Firmware for New Zealand users - Uniden R7 - Beta testing

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Vortex I should have an R7 test build ready with the user definable K limits later this weekend. Please could you send me a PM with your R7 serial number so I can prepare the file for you. This doesn't have anti-theft protection fully implemented but it with have the personalisation displayed on startup.

I have now got the capacity to add addition K blocks if needed. This is beyond the scope of my current project. However, when the new Uniden US firmware is released, if this is still something that can be improved, then perhaps I can revisit the concept.

CamBro

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Vortex I should have an R7 test build ready with the user definable K limits later this weekend. Please could you send me a PM with your R7 serial number so I can prepare the file for you. This doesn't have anti-theft protection fully implemented but it with have the personalisation displayed on startup.

I have now got the capacity to add addition K blocks if needed. This is beyond the scope of my current project. However, when the new Uniden US firmware is released, if this is still something that can be improved, then perhaps I can revisit the concept.
Hey bro, Just wondering how to get ahold of your Uniden R3 software
Cheers

KiwiClaire

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can report two excellent Redflex saves in the last couple of weeks running @Mithheru 's R7 for NZ firmware. The latest was really impressive, I estimate around 400m warning with the van pointing in the opposite direction to my direction of travel - plenty of time to check frequency and 'hit the picks'. Bloody great stuff! :D Thanks @Mithheru !!

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I can report two excellent Redflex saves in the last couple of weeks running @Mithheru 's R7 for NZ firmware. The latest was really impressive, I estimate around 400m warning with the van pointing in the opposite direction to my direction of travel - plenty of time to check frequency and 'hit the picks'. Bloody great stuff! :D Thanks @Mithheru !!
good catch! do you remember what freq you picked up?
im running Mittherus firmware for US version and waiting to come across Redflex van.....
Post automatically merged:

R7 beta version 132.140 has auto lockouts and new K segs...... well we already had the K segs thanks to @Mithheru
have a read of this thread - https://www.rdforum.org/threads/103812/
makes the R7 one of the best bang for buck detectors....

Last edited:

KiwiClaire

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
good catch! do you remember what freq you picked up?
im running Mittherus firmware for US version and waiting to come across Redflex van.....

R7 beta version 132.140 has auto lockouts and new K segs...... well we already had the K segs thanks to @Mithheru
have a read of this thread - https://www.rdforum.org/threads/103812/
makes the R7 one of the best bang for buck detectors....
The most recent Redflex (Te Puna near Tauranga) was on 24.016.

Wow, I hadn't heard that news (R7 auto lockouts), pretty neat! Looking forward to seeing how that pans out - thanks for letting me know! :)

porkchop

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Had a good save with a van on Sunday morning in Glenfield. Dark blue Merc van with tinted windows just on the other side of a rise. 2K band went off and ramped up from about 200 m away on this side of the rise. Very impressed, the R7 is mounted vertically on the bike. I should have experimented with range etc but I was in a err... hurry shall we say, to meet some mates for a ride.

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Had a good save with a van on Sunday morning in Glenfield. Dark blue Merc van with tinted windows just on the other side of a rise. 2K band went off and ramped up from about 200 m away on this side of the rise. Very impressed, the R7 is mounted vertically on the bike. I should have experimented with range etc but I was in a err... hurry shall we say, to meet some mates for a ride.
There are a couple operating around the North Shore, at the moment, my R7 had a decent detection over the weekend and posted here with video https://www.rdforum.org/threads/104188/

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So the new R7 128 international firmware is now out for release.

I also finally wrote the release notes.

Writing new firmware and implementing and testing it takes a lot of time and effort, so definitely not a quick process. I know a lot of people are happy with the R7 127 release. This new version doesn't have the option to show or Hide K mutes as it works a bit differently, and is aimed to be more universal. However, I believe the greater flexibility offered by the variable K Limits should provide greater flexibility even in NZ for those currently on the 127 R7forNZ firmware.

Attachments

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It looks like Mithheru is the Johnboy of R7's. An outsider making them much better. Good work.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a great firmware for WA, where we don't have any low K band Redflex etc.

Have mine set K1 Lim = 24.080, K2 Lim = 24.150. That takes out both the high and low Commodore BSM's and also any Honda's. Highway mode, K filter off.

Just have to suffer with the Mazda BSM's as they are centred around 24.125, just like the Falcon HR and Raptor RP-1's we have here.

Great work by Mithheru !

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Writing new firmware and implementing and testing it takes a lot of time and effort, so definitely not a quick process. I know a lot of people are happy with the R7 127 release. This new version doesn't have the option to show or Hide K mutes as it works a bit differently, and is aimed to be more universal. However, I believe the greater flexibility offered by the variable K Limits should provide greater flexibility even in NZ for those currently on the 127 R7forNZ firmware.
good work @Mithheru ! im sure it has taken alot of time and effort to not only write the code, but to come up with a feasible workable solution to a difficult problem we face with K band detection's, and numerous false alerts.
burning question - when are you going to distribute your new FW?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
burning question - when are you going to distribute your new FW?
I just ask people to send me a request just like you would when I release a new GPS update. I do need a request as I also need to know how you would like your name displayed on the firmware. I strongly suggest people use their full name and/or surname and initials. Your name can be a maximum of 14 characters, and can include upper and lower case letters and punctuation.

Obviously, I don't recommend people publishing their names and serial numbers, so please do send me a PM. I do keep these details in confidence.

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

will you be adding auto lockouts to your awesome custom FW? :)

There are a couple operating around the North Shore, at the moment, my R7 had a decent detection over the weekend and posted here with video https://www.rdforum.org/threads/104188/
Updating thread link to video https://www.rdforum.org/threads/104187/
(previous link didnt work)

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shrikantsoni