Auto Profile Overide Announcement Spot On But Not Reverse Geocoding Announcement

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've been running reverse geocoding for announcing county and state for some time now and always found it to lag quite a bit behind after crossing a border. I figured this was just the nature of the beast. Now that I've started running profile overrides however, I've noticed that those announcements are right on the money. So my profile override anounces and is enacted as soon as I cross a border and the GPS updates..................then............some time later..............................................I get the geocode announcement. :razz: Is there a way to use the same source used by the overrides for the geocodde announcements?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Profile overrides depend only on GPS, which is updated at 1-sec intervals. Reverse geocoding pings your location info only as often as your setting, and it can't do a 1-sec interval (would use too much data and probably get you blocked).

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
  • Admin
Profile overrides depend only on GPS, which is updated at 1-sec intervals. Reverse geocoding pings your location info only as often as your setting, and it can't do a 1-sec interval (would use too much data and probably get you blocked).
That makes sense. I figured it was something like that or you'd have already fixed it, but it was worth a shot. The most important is that the override is correct anyway.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j0hnStam0s