rear jammer's - unwanted attention?

instroke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got a laser ticket a week back - Edmonton AB Canada, the speed enforcement capital of the world! My Radenso Pro-M didn't even go off, and even if it did go off - I would still have the ticket.

So I am thinking of getting either an ALP or TMG. I have a BMW - so the front head placement are kind of hidden lower on the bumper, but if you have cop behind you,
and your rear heads are installed by your license plate. It's kind of obvious you have a jammer installed. My car's white so the heads will stand out.

Trying to avoid the extra attention, do you guys have any suggestions for hiding the rear heads?

thank you for any suggestions

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Heads can be hidden behind a custom fabricated Perspex 962 cover (IR transparent acrylic sheet). See here for a recent example: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/100362/

The materials themselves aren't very expensive, but if you don't want to tackle it yourself the fabrication costs at a quality shop can be significant. More discussion on sourcing the materials here: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/89025/

USAir767

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
From what I've seen from other Canadian members, you'll want ALP front and rear, especially in Edmonton. ALP is the best defender against DragonEye (TMG is great too, but I don't know how well it does against Dragon)

Sorry to hear about your ticket

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Take a pic of your front and rear.
For Edmonton area, there is only 1 choice and its ALP. TMG still sturuggles with several or more Dragoneye lidars which are mostly found in Edmonton.
So ALP is your only choice.
You can go with TMG, you might get it cheaper 100-200 bucks and HOPE they will at some point cover all Dragoneye lidar versions but that hope is in the air of all TMGers for 2 years right now and ongoing.

Last edited:

Dragons

Breathing fire
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you are worried about absolute stealth Stinger might be worth a look too..
The current Stinger system had tested well previously against Dragon eye if installed correctly.
Though this option is at least double the price
There has just been an update on the new stinger system so it should be up to date against all current dragon guns.

Now that said its not a really well tested system so ALP is still the gold standard and will be for years to come.

Last edited:

erickonphoenix

Left Lane Hooligan
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Jammers are not illegal in Alberta on personal vehicles. Commercial vehicles yes.

As was noted. ALP are marketed as parking sensors and can be exhibited if needed. I’m not sure if TMG has the same ability.

Even if the cops in Alberta know what they’re looking at... there’s nothing they can do about it. Still you don’t want to not let them not get a speed reading. Just delay it enough to slow down... then let them get the reading. It’s not uncommon to not being able to get a lock for a few seconds.

In Edmonton, you’ll need the best you can get. There’s also photo Lidar as well. Just like the MRCD traps.

Just get ready for the sticker shock. A new ALP system with 4 RX heads ($350 each) and 2 TX heads($500 each) will cost you around $3500.00. That’s without install.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got a laser ticket a week back - Edmonton AB Canada, the speed enforcement capital of the world! My Radenso Pro-M didn't even go off, and even if it did go off - I would still have the ticket.

So I am thinking of getting either an ALP or TMG. I have a BMW - so the front head placement are kind of hidden lower on the bumper, but if you have cop behind you,
and your rear heads are installed by your license plate. It's kind of obvious you have a jammer installed. My car's white so the heads will stand out.

Trying to avoid the extra attention, do you guys have any suggestions for hiding the rear heads?

thank you for any suggestions
I got a rear hit in edmonton last weekend, but had ALPs.
Honestly, they're going to be fairly unnoticable. I've had a few LEOs driving behind me and there's never been a second look.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
+1 on Bailey's info. ALP is a must due to the shear amount of dragon guns used up there. I've had two rear hits in the US, no issues.

Dodgediesel

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The difference in price is double for ALP over TMG up here in Canada...

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Seems to be pretty decent against some guns.
Post automatically merged:
Agree. You’ll have to ask the others that have tested the TMG system.

It wasn’t an option for me at the time when I installed my system. I’ve thought about it... but I have no need for a 2nd system right now.

Edmonton isn’t a place to play around in and ask.... maybe. It’s not a matter of “if”. It’s a matter of “When”

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The difference in price is double for ALP over TMG up here in Canada...
I have both. For 2 RX heads and VPR Front/rear it was basically $2,200 and $3,000 for ALP with 2 RX and 1 TX front/rear in $CAD

Last edited:

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have both. For 2 RX heads and VPR Front/rear it was basically $2,200 and $3,000 for ALP with 2 RX and 1 TX front/rear in $CAD
There you go. Not quite 1/2, but still less.

I think my $3500 included tax.... and since it’s on a truck there was an extra charge for the 3 meter extension.

Last edited:

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm tired of everyone claiming TMG is only 1-200 bucks cheaper. Do the Math on pricing and setup,and include accessories ,Please ! ALP or TMG will suite your needs in Alberta.
No, TMG will not suit your needs in Edmonton. What it will do is get you ticketed because it cannot jam the latest DE guns, as you very well know, Jared.

instroke

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
JAG42 - the testing that Ragged Edge did was jan12/20. Has anything changed in since that time? Updates to the heads? ECU?ect? thanks for responding.

dudeinnz

NZCTG
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
JAG42 - the testing that Ragged Edge did was jan12/20. Has anything changed in since that time? Updates to the heads? ECU?ect? thanks for responding.
To tag someone use the @ symbol followed by typing in the first few letters of their username, and the forum should auto complete it for you. @Jag42

D8F35C08-60FD-4F97-922E-CB1EBAAE0C3A.jpeg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdelkins40