Insides of LAB-14

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
After removing my LAB a couple days ago and replacing with the new laser center I though I would open it up and post a few pics, since no one ever seems to have done so.

Attachments

jdong

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks very very similar to the LAB-13 I had. Just at a glance, it looks like every Tx and Rx is independently controllable, and all of it is driven by that TI F2810 series DSP (which is a good choice in terms of the number of ADC and PWM channels)

Hopefully they are doing better these days, but my impression of Stinger's hardware has always been that they never cheaped out on the hardware design. Everything conceptually checks every checkbox on what we think makes for a good radar or laser system. It's the real world execution that is sometimes leaving a bit to be desired....

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
The LAB always worked alright for me, but then I don't face any majorly complex guns. On car the size of mine it always seemed to work well.
I'm using the same RX and TX fibers on the Freedom, testing thus far seems to do alright.
Stinger have limited jam time to 10 seconds, it used to be 60 so testing was easier, the 2 minute testing function doesn't work, it never has.

Last edited:

jon5

PSL + (O / U)
Advanced User
Reaction score
The LAB always worked alright for me, but then I don't face any majorly complex guns. On car the size of mine it always seemed to work well.
I'm using the same RX and TX fibers on the Freedom, testing thus far seems to do alright.
Stinger have limited jam time to 10 seconds, it used to be 60 so testing was easier, the 2 minute testing function doesn't work, it never has.
The LAB performed pretty well (meaning JTK not JTG) even for the "complex guns", with appropriately laid out TX/RX. I'm honestly not sure why they did this freedom laser thing. It seems not as well "thought out" as the LABs, and much more obnoxious to wire/install.

The problem with Stinger is they just wont/cant fix the radar system. Inconsistent false supression, increasingly poor BSM filtering.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beemerchef