Hot Weather V1Gen2 Performance

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I went to play golf today. Left car in parking lot with V1Gen2 mounted high up on windshield (hard wired). Cracked the windows and sunroof slightly. Car sat for 4.5 hours with temperature beginning at 85 and rising to 101 by the time I got back to it. Don't know how hot it was inside the car but had to be well over 110 degrees. With my old V1Gen1 detector when the car got very hot the suction cups would let loose and the RD would be hanging down to the dash. However, the V1Gen2 was right as I left it still mounted to the windshield near the rear view mirror. I was concerned given some reports here on the forum so I checked the front screen and it was perfect; no delamination that some others have reported. The RD was so hot I couldn't touch it at all but it started right up when I turned the key and performed as usual. So I am very happy to report it passed my first real hot car test with flying colors.

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks. As I started reading, I didn’t know how this story was going to end. I was expecting the front display to come detached.

Last edited:

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Maybe I should make it clear in the thread title that it performed well?

danpass

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My V1G1 hung BlendMounted in a Fiesta for 12-14 months in south Florida sun and heat.

Still functioning fine. That thing gets hot all on its own but ....

Hoping for same heat stability in the gen 2.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arclamp