[PATENT] High Probability of Intercept Radar Detector (Part 5, Application)

Mushin

Band Summary by State in Signature
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Valentine has resurrected the pulse shape analysis functionality he had dropped to get the 10585168 patent pushed through.

1591193141150.png

Abstract
Operating a police radar detector to suppress nuisance radar alerts due to received signals that are not police radar signals includes receiving electromagnetic signals; mixing received electromagnetic signals with a local oscillator signal that is swept at a constant sweep rate; and accumulating a virtual image of the signal environment represented by received electromagnetic signals. Analysis of the virtual image is performed for signals suspected of being nuisance signals that could result in nuisance radar alert so that any nuisance signals within the virtual image can be identified and ignored by the alarm portion of the police radar detector.

The examiner had noted in the 15/486,873 application:

1591193502111.png

Valentine's Response was:
1591193595382.png

Application is attached for interested readers.
Check back in 2 years to see the progress.

Attachments

danpass

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What am I reading in the Restriction?

That Valentine is wanting to do something similar to classified/military tech and USPTO is saying no ?

-

Signal Environment

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What am I reading in the Restriction?

That Valentine is wanting to do something similar to classified/military tech and USPTO is saying no ?

-
I'm not a patent lawyer, but based on the language it looks like Valentine had to choose one of two options for the patent to go through, they wouldn't let him do both at once. He chose Group 1. Now it looks like he's bringing back the other half, Group 2, in a separate filing.

Which lines up with the OP's comment:
Valentine has resurrected the pulse shape analysis functionality he had dropped to get the 10585168 patent pushed through.

Maz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just breezed it, but isn't this in essence what Theia's end result is? If so, can it negatively impact Radenso's development?

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Radenso’s patents are already in place and approved.
Just to be clear, while I'm sure they've filed at least provisional patents, since we haven't seen anything from the USPTO they're not "already in place and approved".

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, while I'm sure they've filed at least provisional patents, since we haven't seen anything from the USPTO they're not "already in place and approved".
To the point that they’re not too worried about it.

You also overlooked the provision of hiding applications for certain periods of time.

Just because you can’t see them.... doesn’t mean they’re not there.

There also other names.

Sounds kind of odd that anyone that didn’t have some sort of protection in place... that they would be running around divulging this type of information to this level.

Doesn’t sound very smart ......does it??

Last edited:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because you can’t see them.... doesn’t mean they’re not there.
But because we can't see them, that means they aren't in place (ie granted and enforceable). You can't patent something secretly (with the exception of some classified/military tech) because someone else would have no way of knowing they were infringing. I'm sure they have provisional applications filed, and the idea is unique enough that they're confident their claims will be granted.

So what will this patent bring to the table? In Layman's terms? @InsipidMonkey
The way I'm reading the claims, it seems to describe a way for the FPGA to analyze the output of the SAW/DDL filter to recognize the difference between desired (eg real police radar) signals and unwanted harmonics/images. The output signal will differ in amplitude and pulse width (as a function of chirp rate), with desired signals enhanced and undesired signals suppressed.

Just breezed it, but isn't this in essence what Theia's end result is? If so, can it negatively impact Radenso's development?
What is proposed here is vastly different from what Radenso has proposed, so I doubt it will have any impact on their development.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Al73ssan