Learning to Drive
- Jun 3, 2020
- Reaction score
- Chicago Burbs
Hi,I would essentially just ask you to fill out the detector recommendations questions to get a sense of your preferences, driving behavior, and geographic and LEO demographic in your area. All of those things will influence what settings that I would recommend, and I suspect the same for what others would recommend as well. I'll cross out the parts you can ignore, now knowing you have settled on the R7.
1. What kind of vehicle you have
and do you want a remote or a windshield mount?
2. What's your budget?
3. Where you live ( address not needed of course) and what states , country or areas you primarily drive? ( this is essential)
4. How you drive?
5. What your daily drive is like (short trips? long trips? city? highway?) we ask this because of falsing issues that exist in many areas or cities.
6. How long you have been using countermeasures, if at all?
7. Are there curves, hills, obstructions or is the area flat as a pancake.
8. Are there Redlight cams/speed cams in your area and do you need / prefer a GPS enabled unit?
9. Thanks to ahl: "Are you willing/do you want to use your phone to pair with the RD?" and "What kind of device do you own (iOS/Android)". There is Escort LIVE and droid only YaV1 for the V1 apps one can use to adjust their RD. There is also V1 Driver in the ios APP Store for V1 users who wish to use an Apple device. ** Note that many of these apps allow you to use the APP (either droid or Apple) to readjust your settings for the V1. Escort Live allows you to do this as well on Escort products that are LIVE compatible.
10. Do you face MRCD and/or MRCT in your area?
New to radars and to this forum.... though question has been answered but i would like to get specfic settings according to my area as I have no idea what kind of frequency cops use here. Would appreciate if you can give some information of that (if you are aware of it). Please find below my answers.
1. BMW x5
2. Already bought r7
3. Chicago suburbs 90 per of the time. 10 per in chicago city.
4. Heavy footed
5. Majorly suburban area, on weekends yes highways and as mentioned above 10per in chicago downtown
7. Only curves I think and surely not flat as pancake
8. R7 has gps
10. I think chicago downtown has those.
Looking forward for your help.