R3 Screen mount suggestions

HarleyC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello people, this is my first post so I’m hoping I have listed it in the correct spot.

So I’m in the process of perfecting my R3 installation, I’m looking for suggestions on the best hardwire cables (I’ve seen the uniden option with the little black box which doesn’t appeal to me).

The biggest issue I’m having currently is the factory supplied heavy duty screen mount will not tilt sufficiently to allow the detector to sit level because of the rake of the screen - it will point upwards quite considerably. I have slightly bent the metal bracket to help however it’s still not enough.

This detector will be running in two cars, a Ford Fiesta ST, and a Ford Focus RS, these are common cars however blendmount do not offer a solution based on the mirror and sensor positions here in New Zealand.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light!!

NVR2FST

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to our little corner of the world wide web, "HarleyC"!

I just straightened out my Uniden coiled cord as best I could and ran it underneath the dash and inside the left "A" pillar cover and under the trim strip at the top of the windshield and then out and down next to the RVM bracket.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello people, this is my first post so I’m hoping I have listed it in the correct spot.

So I’m in the process of perfecting my R3 installation, I’m looking for suggestions on the best hardwire cables (I’ve seen the uniden option with the little black box which doesn’t appeal to me).

The biggest issue I’m having currently is the factory supplied heavy duty screen mount will not tilt sufficiently to allow the detector to sit level because of the rake of the screen - it will point upwards quite considerably. I have slightly bent the metal bracket to help however it’s still not enough.

This detector will be running in two cars, a Ford Fiesta ST, and a Ford Focus RS, these are common cars however blendmount do not offer a solution based on the mirror and sensor positions here in New Zealand.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light!!
Welcome to RDF! If you search, there are quite a few threads about alternatives. But here's one that includes ideas for modifying the mount https://www.rdforum.org/threads/62816/

And embedded in there is this https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=62726&p=875331&viewfull=1#post875331

HarleyC

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thank you all!!
So I’ll have a crack at modifying the mount however I have found this mount which I’ll link below.... has anyone had experience with these by chance? Also one question I have is by activating another ka band segment scan will that decrease the detection performance in any way? It came with segment 5 default activated however I’ve followed advice listed here and switched on segment 6.

cheers!!

https://images.app.goo.gl/u6EPyJau9uTxKYoz6

Ropchips

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I removed the 2 suction cups from the oem mount and used 3M Super strength double sided molding tape to mount high and tight on the windshield close to headliner.

I modified the oem hardwire kit. I extended the power and alert led wiring and also the mute button.
The black box is mounted inside of my map light and the mute button is any button on my cruise switch.
Also made my owm mirror tap.

Sent from my

Rocky Road

Traveling Past Slow Pokes One Car At A Time
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I removed the 2 suction cups from the oem mount and used 3M Super strength double sided molding tape to mount high and tight on the windshield close to headliner.

I modified the oem hardwire kit. I extended the power and alert led wiring and also the mute button.
The black box is mounted inside of my map light and the mute button is any button on my cruise switch.
Also made my owm mirror tap.

Sent from my
That's one SWEET set up! Thanks for sharing your set up.

DChiJEllis

Moderator Emeritus and Lifetime RDF Contributor
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Trollstigen, Lyseveien og Atlanterhavsveien
Also one question I have is by activating another ka band segment scan will that decrease the detection performance in any way? It came with segment 5 default activated however I’ve followed advice listed here and switched on segment 6.
You won’t have any problems with additional segments and range or speed of sweeps. Segmenting doesn’t impact performance.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mclovin21