New member from PNW

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi all, just purchased a TMG dual head system from another member here, thought I should finally join the forum.

I've been considering laser defense for years now, just never pulled the trigger. Mostly due to cost.

Well, I picked up a used Jaguar F-Type a couple weeks back, and I very quickly became motivated to get some laser defense. It's too easy to get that car moving along.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and testing and upgrading.

LuckyXII

Formerly known as JuniorIS350
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! The F-Type is beautiful car, great choice 👍🏾

Are you using anything for radar protection to go with your TMG setup?

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks! It really is, I found a British Racing Green one with brown leather interior, I'm so stoked.

No radar protection yet. I haven't decided what to do about that yet. I would love a remote radar detector, but I'm having trouble finding anything that seems affordable. I may have to go with a Uniden R3 or R7. Definitely taking suggestions haha.

LuckyXII

Formerly known as JuniorIS350
Intermediate User
Reaction score
A lot of us here are car guys, so post some picture if you’re comfortable :)

The R3 and R7 are both great long range detectors. I think TMG integrates with the V1G2, so that may be an option to also consider.

Maz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Very nice car, and welcome to RDF. I think the TMG will serve you well there.

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks @LuckyXII

I didn't know the TMG and V1 integrate, I think that may bring the V1 to the top of my list. I'll do some research around that.

I haven't take many photos yet, and none in the sun, but here's a few that' I've got so far:

Attachments

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! Any of the detectors you are considering are great choices. Whether you integrate a V1G2 with the TMG or not, JBV1(the app that does that) is a great countermeasure. It includes aircraft alerts, much better CSA alerts, and heat maps to name a few features.

I love running my R3 and TMG/JBV1. That is one beautiful car--congrats. What state are you in or where do your travels take you?

Last edited:

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! TMG should jam the CPR guns you see in your area.

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks @2018GTI !

I think I will likely end up with the same setup as you, R3 with TMG. I didn't know the JBV1 app was so powerful. That should work great for me, apparently there have been quite a few State Patrol aircraft up in the air lately.

Thanks, the car is really beautiful. I don't drive too far from home, I'm in Washington state. I'll be taking it over the mountains to Eastern WA a little bit this summer. But I mostly do highway/freeway runs on the west side of the mountains. I think I'll be venturing out farther now however, with my Jag and decent counter measures, I'll have more confidence to go explore a bit.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

FoxStang

Sly fox, dumb bunny.
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and hello from Portland!

Einzel Wolf

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hello neighbor. Also another tmg and R3 user but if I had to repick the radar detector. I might've gone with a v1g2 if I knew how well jbv1 works the tmg and v1g2 together into one nice app.

Last edited:

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello neighbor. Also another tmg and R3 user but if I had to repick the radar detector. I might've gone with a v1g2 if I knew how well jbv1 works the tmg and v1g2 together into one nice app.
Hi neighbor! Hmm, I'll have to consider the v1g2 as well then. Thanks for the input. Problem is, I can find an R3 for like, half the cost of a V1G2. I'll keep thinking about it.

Einzel Wolf

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi neighbor! Hmm, I'll have to consider the v1g2 as well then. Thanks for the input. Problem is, I can find an R3 for like, half the cost of a V1G2. I'll keep thinking about it.
Dont get me wrong the R3 is a killer detector. Im often surprised on the range I get alerts at times. Just the ability to get overall better lock outs via the app than just mute memory is something to look at. Plus logs of when it goes off can be fun to look at.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks @2018GTI !

I think I will likely end up with the same setup as you, R3 with TMG. I didn't know the JBV1 app was so powerful. That should work great for me, apparently there have been quite a few State Patrol aircraft up in the air lately.

Thanks, the car is really beautiful. I don't drive too far from home, I'm in Washington state. I'll be taking it over the mountains to Eastern WA a little bit this summer. But I mostly do highway/freeway runs on the west side of the mountains. I think I'll be venturing out farther now however, with my Jag and decent counter measures, I'll have more confidence to go explore a bit.
Another plus for the R3 is its low cost--Theia is coming out this year and could be quite promising. You may want to save for that.

JBV1 is Android only, but many run a dedicated phone for that if needed. Safe travels!

RadarScout

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It really is, I found a British Racing Green one with brown leather interior, I'm so stoked.

No radar protection yet. I haven't decided what to do about that yet. I would love a remote radar detector, but I'm having trouble finding anything that seems affordable. I may have to go with a Uniden R3 or R7. Definitely taking suggestions haha.
If you're interested in a remote detector, the Net Radar is actually designed to integrate with ALP. Both are sold by @BestRadarDetectors . Tom owns the company and is an active member here.

blakes

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks all for the good advice and warm welcome!

I'll probably go with an R3 and save up for Theia.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mclovin21