V1G2 FW 4.1019

ivan911fl

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Depends really.. I got mine on pre order and not happy that it broke and fix didn't give me newest internals. It's like buying BMW you know you're not buying it for reliability at least that's how I view it. At least at this stage maybe down road V2 gets it figured out and will be robust rd like V1.. My V1 went like 7yrs always in sun and heat no issues.

Short answer I'd buy it now.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Bmw is the best 😁

brampower

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Any news on this yet? I received mine about two weeks ago and it also came with 4.1019. Which is great, just curious about what may have changed :)

ARH1956

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Bmw is the best 😁
Yeah, my love affair ended with my 2002 E46 M3 Convertible with the 333 HP 3.2L I-6. Great performance, wonderful car to drive. One engine rebuild and one main bearing recall/replacement, the convertible top quit working twice, while in the open position, and multiple other minor issues. It is my favorite M3 in looks, and the high revving I-6 and 6-speed were a perfect match, when it worked. I'd still have it if I could have trusted it.

BagNDrag

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Any news on this yet? I received mine about two weeks ago and it also came with 4.1019. Which is great, just curious about what may have changed :)
I may be wrong (usually I am), but I was able to do some testing tonight and did two runs against a stationary 34.7xx signal. with .1018 I would ALWAYS get ghosting off of the rear antenna. After my repaired .1019 tonight's runs had no ghosting at all. Has anyone else been able to test against this? Mine was just one test... but maybe .1019 addressed this?

-Mark

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong (usually I am), but I was able to do some testing tonight and did two runs against a stationary 34.7xx signal. with .1018 I would ALWAYS get ghosting off of the rear antenna. After my repaired .1019 tonight's runs had no ghosting at all. Has anyone else been able to test against this? Mine was just one test... but maybe .1019 addressed this?

-Mark
If the .1019 fixed KA ghosting then I need it.... Happens to me a lot and it's crazy. I'll give VR a call today and speak to a tech

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long for them to provide firmware updates to the users. Very much seems afterthought and shows how rushed the gen 2 was to market with its supporting infrastructure now even being created yet.

BagNDrag

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
If the .1019 fixed KA ghosting then I need it.... Happens to me a lot and it's crazy. I'll give VR a call today and speak to a tech
It would be nice to get a definitive answer. Mine was just one test, so it would be good to get more eyes on it.

-Mark

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long for them to provide firmware updates
it hasn’t been that long yet. They have to get feedback on issues, which they have. Analyze, probably test...etc. They were closed April due to Covid.

jfr0317

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to get a definitive answer. Mine was just one test, so it would be good to get more eyes on it.

-Mark
My 2nd V1G2 is due to be delivered to me on Friday. I assume it will have 4.1019, and if so, I'll evaluate it for this and any other potential differences (if discernible) versus 4.1018.

RollerTech

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just got my V1G2 back with the latest firmware, I did do quite a bit of driving with it before experiencing the power on issue and yes ghosting can be bad at times. From what I've experienced it happens almost always if the LEO is on the move, in particular rolling in traffic near you. I'll report back once I've had some time driving with the new firmware (and yes they should have had the firmware updates available to us so we could do it ourselves)

jfr0317

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got my V1G2 back with the latest firmware, I did do quite a bit of driving with it before experiencing the power on issue and yes ghosting can be bad at times. From what I've experienced it happens almost always if the LEO is on the move, in particular rolling in traffic near you. I'll report back once I've had some time driving with the new firmware (and yes they should have had the firmware updates available to us so we could do it ourselves)
A LEO has been rolling in nearby traffic a couple of times when I have exprienced the ghosting as well.

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
it happens almost always if the LEO is on the move, in particular rolling in traffic near you
I've only had ghosting once and it was near an overpass. Just this morning I had a trooper running CO Ka Stalker, (thank goodness for arrows) move up from behind at about +5-10 over traffic, which was already +10.

For the first few minutes I thought he was on the other side of the highway somewhere, but I finally spotted him. No issues with ghosting as he approached, passed and moved on....

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
it hasn’t been that long yet. They have to get feedback on issues, which they have. Analyze, probably test...etc. They were closed April due to Covid.
It was meant from the standpoint of 19. There’s people who still have early builds running 18 that can’t update because THE APP UPDATE OR NEW APP FOR IT isn’t available yet. That was my point, not that there should be another one already after 19.

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Deadhead1971 said clashes with what you are saying. I think he's saying that those steps are still part of the 4.1018 firmware. They might want to control who gets 4.1019 for a bit.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't have a chance to call today due to traveling but tomorrow I will call

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arclamp