Radar Great range on perpendicular 35.419

Ohioluck

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Really good sniff IMO. I don't really ever run into 35.5 so I was surprised at how much of a warning I got with my R1. I wonder how much better the R7 or V1G2 would be in scenario. PSL is 25 but looking for speeders at a stop sign wouldn't be my first choice.

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
In my short-range Ka video here somewhere, the cop had the radar on but he was actually pulling people for running a stop sign. I’ve seen this a few times, pulling for stop sign violations but with radar on.

Ohioluck

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
In my short-range Ka video here somewhere, the cop had the radar on but he was actually pulling people for running a stop sign. I’ve seen this a few times, pulling for stop sign violations but with radar on.
This guy could have been doing the same. The street where the other car came from was a fairly steep hill. Very easy to exceed 25 mph and roll through if you didn’t notice the sheriff. In the end of the video, I’m pulling to a stop sign. Before I turned off the street, I saw the sheriff pull a U-turn aggressively after another car came through the intersection. I thought for sure it was a takedown. Didn’t get to see though.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That was a killer detection! My R1's do this all the time against 35.5, but in my case it's always a quick whiff of off axis I/O! I've run R7's and my V1G2 and while my V1G2 is incredible against off axis shots, My R1's hold their own pretty damn good thank you very much! Great video!

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
This guy could have been doing the same. The street where the other car came from was a fairly steep hill. Very easy to exceed 25 mph and roll through if you didn’t notice the sheriff. In the end of the video, I’m pulling to a stop sign. Before I turned off the street, I saw the sheriff pull a U-turn aggressively after another car came through the intersection. I thought for sure it was a takedown. Didn’t get to see though.
You also rolled through the stop sign, so it's a good thing he wasn't being anal about it.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Ohioluck

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You also rolled through the stop sign, so it's a good thing he wasn't being anal about it.
I didn’t technically come to a complete stop but like R4D4RUS3R said, I’m comfortable stopping only to around 1 mph in front of cops. Do it all the time and so do about 50% of the people around here too.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
I didn’t technically come to a complete stop but like R4D4RUS3R said, I’m comfortable stopping only to around 1 mph in front of cops. Do it all the time and so do about 50% of the people around here too.
I'm sure you're right about police generally not pulling for a roll that slow, and I have the habit of doing it as most of us probably do. However, I try to stop completely when I remember because there's not much point taking any risk.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drz