Brand New V1 Gen 2 - Not Detecting Speed Sign

singingwhodat

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You can try turning off K Verifier and any other filters and see if it goes off then. If you drive through a shopping complex parking lot and it still doesn’t go off, you got issues for sure. If you do get it go off with K Verifier off, get the frequency off with an app and that’ll tell you more.
My V1G2 goes off in all shopping center parking lots regardless if K Verifier is on or off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13DBPCivicSi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I went by a CVS today with automatic doors and no alert but did receive other K band alerts during my trip. Either this thing is weak on K band or it’s just that good at filtering.

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
I went by a CVS today with automatic doors and no alert but did receive other K band alerts during my trip. Either this thing is weak on K band or it’s just that good at filtering.
Was the setting “K verifyer” off?

13DBPCivicSi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've found it can filter out stationary falses reasonably well if you pass them tangentially (eg driving by on the street), but if you drive towards them (enter the parking lot) it will alert.

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
Probably that good with filtering. Did you drive in the parking lot or just by it like in my video here?

A few comments- this was with Advanced Logic with K verifyer ON. However, with Logic mode with K verifyer ON, i also usually get the same quiet results. I do not run Advanced Logic any more.

If you want it to beep, drive in the parking lot past the front door.

13DBPCivicSi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've found it can filter out stationary falses reasonably well if you pass them tangentially (eg driving by on the street), but if you drive towards them (enter the parking lot) it will alert.
Interested to see how it performs on a drive to work. Tomorrow is my first day in the office since I got the detector so we’ll see how it goes, that’ll really tell.
Post automatically merged:

Probably that good with filtering. Did you drive in the parking lot or just by it like in my video here?

A few comments- this was with Advanced Logic with K verifyer ON. However, with Logic mode with K verifyer ON, i also usually get the same quiet results. I do not run Advanced Logic any more.

If you want it to beep, drive in the parking lot past the front door.
Yes that’s the same type of pass as I did at a CVS. Didn’t go in the lot but drove by it on the street just as you did.

13DBPCivicSi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
With K Verifyer ON, it filters K real good
I’m going to leave it on for now in All Bogeys mode with V1Driver. Will change to little l if it’s too chatty.

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m going to leave it on for now in All Bogeys mode with V1Driver. Will change to little l if it’s too chatty.
My settings are Logic mode, and this mutes all maybe 1 and 2 bar weak K signals. I have muted volume =0 (manually set per quick start guide instructions) so when a weak K signal is detected, no sound but a visual only.

13DBPCivicSi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My settings are Logic mode, and this mutes all maybe 1 and 2 bar weak K signals. I have muted volume =0 (manually set per quick start guide instructions) so when a weak K signal is detected, no sound but a visual only.
Yes I’ll be trying Logic mode next. Just wanted to try All Bogey at first. Like I mentioned in an earlier post I’m just so used to redline-o but I’m learning these are completely different detectors.

RayC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just found another thread about it but at least the other person received some kind of alert. I just find it rather odd to get absolutely nothing at all, but maybe the K filtering is just that far superior now :)

I'm coming from a Redline-O so I'm used to hearing an alert for EVERYTHING.
My G2 alerted to speed signs my R-O didn't and vice versa with the R7 (really varied from unit to unit). Speed signs are a terrible test of range or alerts from brand to brand (or even models within a brand). If your detector is working fine I would not give a thought about speed signs or how much sooner or later the RD responded to them. My R7 will give front alerts on some but never a rear. Do I care? no way!

Until speed signs give out tickets either lock them out or don't worry about if it's alerting. I think the only value in a speed sign alerting and range is if you are testing the same model detector and version, otherwise it's meaningless for any type of test. Caveat may be if your detector did alert to it regurlary and one day stopped alerting to that band. Then it may raise some concern.

When you change models of RD's, speed sign alerts may change either way so to think if your old RD alerted to it your new one will is questionable at best. If it doesn't alert that's most likely a good thing if real alerts work fine.

Last edited:

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
My V1G2 goes off in all shopping center parking lots regardless if K Verifier is on or off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, that was kind of my point to the OP. He was to try the K Verifier off against the sign and all else fails test the unit in a shopping center parking lot as it should false to the doors with or without that off.

Interested to see how it performs on a drive to work. Tomorrow is my first day in the office since I got the detector so we’ll see how it goes, that’ll really tell.

Yes that’s the same type of pass as I did at a CVS. Didn’t go in the lot but drove by it on the street just as you did.
Yeah, that’s not good enough for the G2 anymore. It’s been updated enough to try and filter those out in such scenarios... as you saw in the video. Go in the lot... also, A mode will be better for testing against anything not working as expected.

My G2 alerted to speed signs my R-O didn't and vice versa with the R7 (really varied from unit to unit). Speed signs are a terrible test of range or alerts from brand to brand (or even models within a brand). If your detector is working fine I would not give a thought about speed signs or how much sooner or later the RD responded to them. My R7 will give front alerts on some but never a rear. Do I care? no way!

Until speed signs give out tickets either lock them out or don't worry about if it's alerting. I think the only value in a speed sign alerting and range is if you are testing the same model detector and version, otherwise it's meaningless for any type of test. Caveat may be if your detector did alert to it regurlary and one day stopped alerting to that band. Then it may raise some concern.

When you change models of RD's, speed sign alerts may change either way so to think if your old RD alerted to it your new one will is questionable at best. If it doesn't alert that's most likely a good thing if real alerts work fine.
So local city cops have started to do this thing where they sit in the areas that are 25MPH with K band speed signs and watch the signs. When they see it go over 30MPH, they hit you with I/O radar or Lidar (depending on what they have in the car). They usually sit off a side street where they can see the sign, oncoming traffic and also you can’t see them too well because of other cars parked, etc. Quite sneaky and douchey in my opinion. Haha. One of them (county dept) even specifically uses a K band gun to get around people with radar detectors that have learned to ignore the speed sign K and then get tagged by him. He tends to do his hunting in low speed zones for neighborhoods, etc. that have these K band signs in them and is quite proud of it. Now if he would only go do something constructive with his police time and arrest real criminals. 🙄

I guess what I’m saying is, it can’t be just me and my area where I’ve started to see cops use new tactics to get around radar detector toting drivers. Seems the fancier they get, they come up with a few new tactics to try and get around it. I find it interesting.

Last edited:

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was kind of my point to the OP. He was to try the K Verifier off against the sign and all else fails test the unit in a shopping center parking lot as it should false to the doors with or without that off.

Yeah, that’s not good enough for the G2 anymore. It’s been updated enough to try and filter those out in such scenarios... as you saw in the video. Go in the lot... also, A mode will be better for testing against anything not working as expected.

So local city cops have started to do this thing where they sit in the areas that are 25MPH with K band speed signs and watch the signs. When they see it go over 30MPH, they hit you with I/O radar or Lidar (depending on what they have in the car). They usually sit off a side street where they can see the sign, oncoming traffic and also you can’t see them too well because of other cars parked, etc. Quite sneaky and douchey in my opinion. Haha. One of them (county dept) even specifically uses a K band gun to get around people with radar detectors that have learned to ignore the speed sign K and then get tagged by him. He tends to do his hunting in low speed zones for neighborhoods, etc. that have these K band signs in them and is quite proud of it. Now if he would only go do something constructive with his police time and arrest real criminals. 🙄

I guess what I’m saying is, it can’t be just me and my area where I’ve started to see cops use new tactics to get around radar detector toting drivers. Seems the fancier they get, they come up with a few new tactics to try and get around it. I find it interesting.
So it's the IO you should be concerned about and not the speed sign. I know in NY, they ONLY NEED to estimate your speed visually in order to ticket you and stand up in court. They "confirm" with radar or lidar. But getting a "speed not reasonable or prudent" is also possible...

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Caveat may be if your detector did alert to it regurlary and one day stopped alerting to that band. Then it may raise some concern.
I agree. Or how it deals with it, or shows any inconsistencies.

I have a course of 8 speed signs and 4 door openers that takes me 5 minutes to run. I call it “The Gauntlet”

I’ve been using it for years and probably 1000 runs on it. You see speed sign #1 on my lockout zone tests.

I face some of these everyday I leave the house ... not just using them in tests of other things or focusing directly on them.

I run every new detector and new FW released through it. Just because I know how it should react. How it use to react.... and basically any anomalies.

Gives me a starting point if it’s acting differently.

I also have the luxury of having multiple detectors as a baseline. If they all show me the same thing... then one doesn’t after a FW update... or I get a new detector.... I wanna know why too.

That’s why I run my detectors ( when I’m by myself) so light ...filtering wise.

I agree with the others. Run by it without the filters once or twice. Then find a couple others and see if it reacts the same.

Should give you a good idea if it’s the sign, your detector, or the filtering.

There’s more to it, but I won’t go into it. Start with the process of elimination first. Something simple to do like this.

SwankPeRFection

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So it's the IO you should be concerned about and not the speed sign. I know in NY, they ONLY NEED to estimate your speed visually in order to ticket you and stand up in court. They "confirm" with radar or lidar. But getting a "speed not reasonable or prudent" is also possible...
Hmm, you sure? I thought it was the other way around... My point was, they’re running that tactic to minimize how much they fire the I/O and also when they do blast you with it, it’s pretty much like laser and you’re almost point blank. Sure, you can get lucky and pick it up if they fire it at others, but they utilize that K sign to minimize they’re having to fire the I/O and get picked up. Make sense? So yeah, while the only threat is the I/O, they’re hiding behind the usability of the K sign to get more targets.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
More targets.... or hiding in plain sight.

They’re hoping that people get complacent.

They hope you assume that the alert your getting is just a false from the existing speed sign or door opener.

@SwankPeRFection

You can’t see them... but I have tested what happens when you introduce a K band radar threat shooting through a locked out zone.

Your level of access isn’t high enough to see what I did.

Your going to have to wait till you get to intermediate .... or take my word for it. ..... well not just my word.... others, intermediate and above, have seen it.

Some detectors are better at it than others...

Without going into specifics.... the best without an app would be the Pro-M

The other would be the V1 with the app.

Those test results need to stay where they are. Sorry.

Just so you know though... that’s been tested by myself with multiple detectors July 22 2019 and May 12th 2020.

Last edited:

danham

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Two speed signs near me pretty much verify the "out of tune" reason. One alerts all the time on my V1G1; the other never does, and they are within a half mile of each other on opposite sides of the road.

-dan

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lopillo