R7 firmware update trouble

toma

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded all and worked good until last step. I opened app and click “read version “ but didn’t read current version. I used different usb cables but didn’t work. Any help is appreciate.

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You are going to need to be much more specific about what steps you took and what has happened. We will try and help you once we totally understand what you have done and what has happened.

For example, did you download the file from Uniden and get it to open up in Uniden download tool? Were you able to connect your Uniden to the app? Did it show the right version update in the app? Did the app run through the process of downloading it? After the download was complete, was that when you stated that the "read version" didn't show the newest version that you thought you just downloaded?

Did you by any chance turn on your detector to see if the firmware had changed on it and it was just not reading right in the app?

Blasirl

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!:parrot:

toma

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You are going to need to be much more specific about what steps you took and what has happened. We will try and help you once we totally understand what you have done and what has happened.

For example, did you download the file from Uniden and get it to open up in Uniden download tool? Were you able to connect your Uniden to the app? Did it show the right version update in the app? Did the app run through the process of downloading it? After the download was complete, was that when you stated that the "read version" didn't show the newest version that you thought you just downloaded?

Did you by any chance turn on your detector to see if the firmware had changed on it and it was just not reading right in the app?
[/QUOTE
Windows or MacOS?
macOS. I followed steps on YouTube from Vortex Radar.

mattguy10

Keep it under a hundred
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@toma, it might be the security preferences that are still preventing your Mac from connecting to your detector and reading the current version. Try what this member did here as they had the same issue:

https://www.rdforum.org/threads/98389/page-3#post-1421080

Vortex has this step in his video to complete once, but you might have to do it a second time for whatever reason if “read version” is not working.

Beyond that, I’m not sure. If you’ve followed Vortex’s video exactly and have tried different cables and all that, and still no dice, the recommendation is to either find a Windows computer to use to update, or install Windows on your Mac using something like Bootcamp.

Some members (myself included) have zero issues updating on a Mac, while other members struggle. That’s not to say it’s the members fault, but it seems to be luck of the draw.

toma

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@toma, it might be the security preferences that are still preventing your Mac from connecting to your detector and reading the current version. Try what this member did here as they had the same issue:

https://www.rdforum.org/threads/98389/page-3#post-1421080

Vortex has this step in his video to complete once, but you might have to do it a second time for whatever reason if “read version” is not working.

Beyond that, I’m not sure. If you’ve followed Vortex’s video exactly and have tried different cables and all that, and still no dice, the recommendation is to either find a Windows computer to use to update, or install Windows on your Mac using something like Bootcamp.

Some members (myself included) have zero issues updating on a Mac, while other members struggle. That’s not to say it’s the members fault, but it seems to be luck of the draw.
Thank you for your help

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members