Radenso XP

SR287

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello everyone, New here, I’m buying a RD for urban use most of the time, I live in Weston South Florida, a friend offered me a Radenso XP. Any suggestions in reference to my usage, is this a good radar? Any specific settings to use down here? Thanks everyone, be safe

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome. It's not a terrible detector, and has decent K false filtering. What price is your friend offering to sell it to you for? Just curious, as we can give you some feedback as to the price and performance of what they're worth used. For what it's worth, they currently have an MSRP of $249 USD brand new.

SR287

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
He’s offering it to me for $180

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s offering it to me for $180
Just my opinion... For $180, I would buy a used Uniden R1 or R3; The used R3's have been selling for ~$200, and offer a huge difference in increased sensitivity and features. For a used Radenso XP, I wouldn't want to pay more than $125 to $150 for it, personally. Basically I see it as for $180, you're just $20 shy of having one of the best detectors, the Uniden R3.

Here's some testing results and data which included the Radenso XP. It isn't a terrible detector, but I would spend $20 more and get a used R3.

Too3zln

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
For the city it is a fantastic detector. I own the SP, the gps-less version. It is quieter into experience from my R1. The advise of the others is solid. If you can find an R3 for the same price, go for it. Of course range is not as good as the top tier but it is quieter to falses. Overall I am satisfied with my SP for the city.

SR287

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I’m just looking for a good one I was ready to buy the Valentine 1 gen 2, but I don’t want to be slave to be turning on my phone every single time that I jump in my car so I’m looking for the easy to use Radar but more than anything quiet and not annoying chatting all the time, $$$ not an issue but of course low to save some. Another thing I like from xp it’s the display color, it matches perfect my display orange-reddish kind color, you have more experience than me if you think the R3 it’s a better one then I’ll buy that one, just want something good but quiet

Last edited:

RadarScout

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
for urban use most of the time
The XP is a good detector, especially for in town. But, "most of the time" means at least sometimes you'll be either on rural highways, or interstates. That's where the range of the R3 will give you more protection. It will "see" farther ahead to possibly grab an instant on, (I/O), shot on a car ahead of you. Plus, you can configure it for quiet in town, or just use City mode while putting around town.

Last edited:

SR287

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@RadarScout so I’ll be better protected with the R3 and it has the option to be configured and not that loud all the time? I was checking on the XP in the smart dark display Sounds perfect for me, You guys are the experts I have no idea

RadarScout

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@RadarScout so I’ll be better protected with the R3 and it has the option to be configured and not that loud all the time? I was checking on the XP in the smart dark display Sounds perfect for me, You guys are the experts I have no idea
Exactly. It's customizable to your liking. Don't get me wrong, Radenso makes good detectors. But, if you want range when you're in the wild, R3 will serve you better. By design, the XP will be quiet in town, but you can make the R3 pretty quiet also. I don't use it, but many members will swear by City mode on the Uniden R series. I think @Brainstorm69 uses it and is part of one of the forum's primary testing groups. He could quote you figures and percentages on the City mode of the R3. I believe City mode drops sensitivity down to around 30%, which is plenty for a detector as sensitive as the R3.

SR287

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Appreciated big time, I was kind of ready for theia but I think it’s gonna take a long time for the release, specially with covid around, I need protection big time.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

RadarScout

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Appreciated big time, I was kind of ready for theia but I think it’s gonna take a long time for the release, specially with covid around, I need protection big time.
BTW, @thebravo lives in South Florida and can discuss, in detail, the largest concerns for your area. I also think he has the R3 in his arsenal. I do know that laser is used widely in Florida. I don't know if you've considered it, but laser jammers should be something added for your protection, where a RADAR detector can't help you at all.

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Like others said, the XP is a capable detector, it's perfectly matched for urban/city areas you drive daily, but I dont think I would pay $180 for it either when the R3 has so many advantages in range for a bit more money.

grayman

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like others have said it is a decent "city" detector, with good but could be better K filtering. I would not use it for triple digit highway use.

I have one sitting on a shelf, make me an offer. I'll take far less than $180

Blasirl

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard!:parrot:

Too3zln

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Like others have said it is a decent "city" detector, with good but could be better K filtering. I would not use it for triple digit highway use.

I have one sitting on a shelf, make me an offer. I'll take far less than $180
@SR287 take that deal. If you don't like the detector, sell it and then get your R3.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
With the R3 you can also use Quiet Ride which mutes K band at whatever threshold you like. I use 35mph, but I don't speed in town. You can also use the lock outs which quiet things down on your regular drives. Its all relative I suppose--I run highway mode or 100% on k and it doesn't really bother me. Or false too much in my opinion.

I agree with the others, there is a lot of laser around you. Consider jammers on the front at least. Also, there is aircraft enforcement in Florida--if you are an Android user, check out Highway Radar or JBV1. I know you don't want to be getting out a phone every time for your drives......but you might want to for that. Many iOs users have a dedicated Android just for this. These apps also give you much better CSA alerts and heat maps among other features.

SR287

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
With the R3 you can also use Quiet Ride which mutes K band at whatever threshold you like. I use 35mph, but I don't speed in town. You can also use the lock outs which quiet things down on your regular drives. Its all relative I suppose--I run highway mode or 100% on k and it doesn't really bother me. Or false too much in my opinion.

I agree with the others, there is a lot of laser around you. Consider jammers on the front at least. Also, there is aircraft enforcement in Florida--if you are an Android user, check out Highway Radar or JBV1. I know you don't want to be getting out a phone every time for your drives......but you might want to for that. Many iOs users have a dedicated Android just for this. These apps also give you much better CSA alerts and heat maps among other features.
Nice to know all of this, thank u all

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PumaMan