Monopoly save?

tmac02

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Was heading down NJ 17 cruising at 84 in a 55, I exit onto a side street and soon after noticed a LEO tailing me, and he lit me up. Turns out he was behind me on 17, I ask him what he got me at and he said “if I’m going 70, and you’re pulling away from me, you must have been going pretty fast”. Makes sense he didn’t give an exact speed because my R7 picked up nothing, he must have been radar silent. Anyway, I hand him my license and stuff, and attached to my registration is a “get out of jail free” card from my family’s monopoly set. He uncovers it and gives a chuckle and starts smiling from ear to ear, and he hands me back my documents without even going back to his car to run them. He says “I guess I get to keep this now”, puts the card in his pocket and drives away. I was over the moon! That little bit of humor turned 29 over into not even a warning, just goes to show if you can make a cop laugh, you have a very high chance of things going your way

Ohioluck

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That’s awesome! I bet it wasn’t a trooper.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
I think I need to put one of those in my wallet since this isn't the first story I've heard of someone being let off a ticket with one.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBlackKnight239