My R3 just suffered total speaker failure

tempnexus

Breaking The Social Norm One Post at a time
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
So my R3 just totally failed in speaker announcement. It first started as a raspy sound, think of the hooker from "love potion #9" movie. And then it became less and less announcy i.e it would say the first few words and then be silent. So now it's totally silent. Uniden quoted me $85 to fix it without the price to ship it...which is ok if I didn't know how cheap the speaker is....$5 shipped. So yeah just for anyone else reading this, all you need is a soldering iron and a $5 speaker to fix this. Or you can use the outside uniden Jack to feed the alerts into a stereo system.

odiddy

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
sux to hear, glad it's an easy fix for you! Make sure you get the right impedance matched speaker.

everyone get the polls ready!

"is your uniden speaker still OK"
"how many days until uniden speaker fail"

tempnexus

Breaking The Social Norm One Post at a time
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
General User
Reaction score
sux to hear, glad it's an easy fix for you! Make sure you get the right impedance matched speaker.

everyone get the polls ready!

"is your uniden speaker still OK"
"how many days until uniden speaker fail"
I got the same speaker as the manufacturer. My radar detector was from June of 2017 so it was the first run. I don't know if later runs suffered the same isaue. Mine has been loyal for 3 years, so no points against uniden but whoever made the speaker.

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I got the same speaker as the manufacturer. My radar detector was from June of 2017 so it was the first run. I don't know if later runs suffered the same isaue. Mine has been loyal for 3 years, so no points against uniden but whoever made the speaker.

Were you able to get the speaker from Uniden as a spare part, or did you buy it somewhere else? That is a good price for a replacement speaker. A replacement speaker for my Redline was about $15 IIRC.

GTO_04

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy