Best way to hook up a flash drive to amazon firestick

corneileous

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I guess this is as good a space as any for this kind of discussion but I have an Amazon fire stick that several months ago I bought a flash drive and one of those splitter cables that allows you to hook up a flash drive, mouse dongle, keyboard dongle or whatever like that to one of those Amazon 4K fire sticks but I’m not sure if I did something correctly because of having to run that ABD shell app or whatever it’s called so that you can format the flash drive and then set it up for just an extension of hard drive space to the fire stick or to set it up with half and half so that part of the drive can be used to move apps to, and the other half to download movies and such to.

Well, I set it up to where it’s half-and-half and I got most of my apps moved over to the fire stick and they all work OK, it’s just that the only issue I’m having as whenever an app update is available for one of those apps that’s being stored on the flash drive, it won’t install the update because it says that there’s not enough space on the drive. Well, I’m hardly using anything on this 128 GB hard drive so what’s possibly going on?

Also, since there was a bunch that was involved in setting this thing up to use a flash drive, what’s the best and easiest way to just set it up so that apps automatically get downloaded to the flash drive instead of me having to enter this long binary code or whatever it is to move the app over? And being that I’ve never really download anything, I’m assuming it’s probably just better to reformat the hard drive so that it’s all set up basically as an extension to the fire stick?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Randath

PSL +15
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Google "Add USB drive to Firetv, Troypoint". He has a couple articles on how to set up and configure. Not sure about having updates go to the USB drive. I've found this guy pretty knowledgeable on FireTV stuff.

fassst

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I guess this is as good a space as any for this kind of discussion but I have an Amazon fire stick that several months ago I bought a flash drive and one of those splitter cables that allows you to hook up a flash drive, mouse dongle, keyboard dongle or whatever like that to one of those Amazon 4K fire sticks but I’m not sure if I did something correctly because of having to run that ABD shell app or whatever it’s called so that you can format the flash drive and then set it up for just an extension of hard drive space to the fire stick or to set it up with half and half so that part of the drive can be used to move apps to, and the other half to download movies and such to.

Well, I set it up to where it’s half-and-half and I got most of my apps moved over to the fire stick and they all work OK, it’s just that the only issue I’m having as whenever an app update is available for one of those apps that’s being stored on the flash drive, it won’t install the update because it says that there’s not enough space on the drive. Well, I’m hardly using anything on this 128 GB hard drive so what’s possibly going on?

Also, since there was a bunch that was involved in setting this thing up to use a flash drive, what’s the best and easiest way to just set it up so that apps automatically get downloaded to the flash drive instead of me having to enter this long binary code or whatever it is to move the app over? And being that I’ve never really download anything, I’m assuming it’s probably just better to reformat the hard drive so that it’s all set up basically as an extension to the fire stick?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why not get a Nvidia shield and TVZION, and maybe United streams of America.

Tvzion works best on a shield.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beemerchef