Unmarked Hyundai NC Raleigh Area

USAir767

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Saw this in the North Carolina Volkswagen Facebook group. spotted in Raleigh a grey Hyundai Tucson with normal NC tags. I assume this is a personal vehicle but still should keep an eye out!
Screenshot_20200524-023537_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

bigbore

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Beware if you travel I94 in northwest Indiana. On several occasions I've seen both a Durango Citadel, chrome wheels and all, and an F150 Platinum pulling people over. They both have dark tint but the interior LED red and blues behind the windshield and rear glass illuminate brightlty. Pretty sure they are county. Thankfully they've never gotten me so I can't confirm

NorEaster18

"No more government subsidies for active basses."
Advanced User
Reaction score
No chance in hell I would stop for that thing. I never knew you needed to hide like this to protect people on the road :megashifty:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to North Carolina! I've seen all kinds of unmarked cars, even Chrysler mini vans shooting 35.5 I/O! If you don't stop for them, it won't work out good for you! I've never seen a Hyundai however, but I'm not really surprised! Thanks for posting this and warning us @USAir767 !

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh sh^t. Wow
I didn’t really see it till I focused on the bottom pic.

All the way up the Hyundai has blue emergency lights. Could be EMT or firefighter or whomever running it.
but then the Bottom Mazda hatch has red and blue which is more police/ enforcement. (Those from NC correct me , I’m going off of NJ colors here)
But for example : Alabama and GA LEO really just run Blue

Last edited:

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh sh^t. Wow
I didn’t really see it till I focused on the bottom pic.

All the way up the Hyundai has blue emergency lights. Could be EMT or firefighter or whomever running it.
but then the Bottom Mazda hatch has red and blue which is more police/ enforcement. (Those from NC correct me , I’m going off of NJ colors here)
But for example : Alabama and GA LEO really just run Blue

Yeah, it’s NC. If you have blues here, you are LEO. I wonder if it’s a drug enforcement unit. That area has some drug dealing problems. Both the male and female were in cuffs.

What scares the crap out of me is blasting by that at 90/65. He’s going to pull you over.

USAir767

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s NC. If you have blues here, you are LEO. I wonder if it’s a drug enforcement unit. That area has some drug dealing problems. Both the male and female were in cuffs.

What scares the crap out of me is blasting by that at 90/65. He’s going to pull you over.
Personally, I wouldn't stop for any unmarked like that Mazda. Only ones I'd stop for are Tahoe's, Charger's, Taurus, and Explorer's. Any others I'd wait for a marked unit

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't stop for any unmarked like that Mazda. Only ones I'd stop for are Tahoe's, Charger's, Taurus, and Explorer's. Any others I'd wait for a marked unit

While dialing 911 (no, I'm not making a reference to the Springfield Armory 911).

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There was an unmarked Hyundai Santa Fe with the red and blues going outside of Phoenix a few months ago.

We also have a highly publicized Mustang and Challeneger doing freeway speed enforcement all around Phoenix.

erickonphoenix

Left Lane Hooligan
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
North Carolina has had a rep for such tactics for awhile. It was my understanding they only deploy for special operations but who knows. Many of these South Eastern states have lost control of their police departments.

Some on here might remember but many many years ago there was a underground street racing event set up in North Carolina. As soon as I saw "North Carolina" my parnoid buzzer went off and I suggested anyone I knew avoid that event and of course it was a sting operation and a bunch of out of staters got arrested.

FTR: Maryland, VA and North Carolina are three states I would avoid driving in period. If you have to go that way drive around it or fly over it.

Exadata

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Who let the dogs out? Even if the non-US branded car is still made in the USA it's still a non-US company. My uncle use to be a township supervisor in redneckville, Pennsylvania. Godforbid, the township purchased any vehicle from a company that was not based in the US with US taxpayer money. To me, this is sad when any govt at any level does not purchase products from companies based in its own country.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
North Carolina has had a rep for such tactics for awhile. It was my understanding they only deploy for special operations but who knows. Many of these South Eastern states have lost control of their police departments.

Some on here might remember but many many years ago there was a underground street racing event set up in North Carolina. As soon as I saw "North Carolina" my parnoid buzzer went off and I suggested anyone I knew avoid that event and of course it was a sting operation and a bunch of out of staters got arrested.

FTR: Maryland, VA and North Carolina are three states I would avoid driving in period. If you have to go that way drive around it or fly over it.
You can probably still get a [email protected]#$%$g ticket even if you fly over NC! LMAO! All jokes aside, if you do drive through NC and Va., you better have every C.M. in the book! Even then it sucks!

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score
still waiting for a prius unmarked....

protias

Retired CM enthusiast / Train Horn Advocate
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Who let the dogs out? Even if the non-US branded car is still made in the USA it's still a non-US company. My uncle use to be a township supervisor in redneckville, Pennsylvania. Godforbid, the township purchased any vehicle from a company that was not based in the US with US taxpayer money. To me, this is sad when any govt at any level does not purchase products from companies based in its own country.

Normsky

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
While rising through Miami at 80-85 mph and sport bike wanted to do about 90 mph or just get around traffic and don't blame them with inattentive people these days. Thrn poof... a black Ford Fusion with dark tint took off after him with red and blue lights flashing from inside.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McSleepy