what Police department is this?

fireparamed

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Unless the trooper waits until the prey gets some distance away from the overpass to clock them, there is going to be some severe cosine error! Do they use (ground based) VASCAR in NC?

GTO_04
Front window is down... rear Lidar shot?

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Lidar is kind of rare around here.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
Somebody should mount a sign on the other side of bridge saying danger cop hidden slow down now!
Did you ever hear the old story about the two little boys who wanted to make some extra cash?

They found an officer running a hidden radar trap in their neighborhood. One walked a ways up the street and held up a sign warning motorists of the upcoming trap. The other walked down the street and held out a bowl and a sign reading "TIPS."

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Did you ever hear the old story about the two little boys who wanted to make some extra cash?

They found an officer running a hidden radar trap in their neighborhood. One walked a ways up the street and held up a sign warning motorists of the upcoming trap. The other walked down the street and held out a bowl and a sign reading "TIPS."
Future members to the group as well as ceo 😂

Kzz1king

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I'm telling you guys...I just don't see anything even close to that crazy in my neck of the woods. They just don't have to try that hard to meet their quotas I guess.

That seems like a ton of work to get a speeder. We have a couple of small towns where they like to hide, but most of the State Troopers only hide in medians at the bottom of hills or on curves..nothing near that crazy.
Similar to what I see in North Dakota but I do stay off interstate.

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
they are going through great lengths to avoid Waze reporters lmao..

Beachman64

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
NC for sure. Probably highway 321 towards Charlotte. Many cops there are complete clowns. Small-village-mentality.

Well that's probably one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen. Risking a massive car pileup, hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages and the lives of many people just to give someone a damn ticket. Were the hell is the logic and justification for that.
🤬🤬🤬

venom690

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Somebody should mount a sign on the other side of bridge saying danger cop hidden slow down now!
yeah it is called waze lol
Post automatically merged:

NC for sure. Probably highway 321 towards Charlotte. Many cops there are complete clowns. Small-village-mentality.

what the hell is this guy doing? he should he fired and charged with reckless driving

oddpedestrian

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was fired he was a newb cop I think six months on the job young kid, in his defense he said he was driving in the emergency lane still freaked out drivers though.

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
That’s definitely NCHP. That place looks familiar, but I don’t remember anywhere with wear marks like that. I bet that’s one of the old bridges that got replaced along the 74 route.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The same emergency lane often littered with debris because much of NC is lazy about cleanup? :rolleyes: WOW!

oddpedestrian

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol 321 isnt that bad 485 has so much trash in the emergency lane you care barely see it anymore I thought I was the only one that noticed.

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well that's probably one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen. Risking a massive car pileup, hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages and the lives of many people just to give someone a damn ticket. Were the hell is the logic and justification for that.
🤬🤬🤬
Fortunately, that guy resigned. NCHP does have the mentality that they can do anything.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/v...ding-trooper-going-wrong-direction/563060583/
Post automatically merged:

I was coming back from Raleigh one time when I was in school and this trooper had tried to do a quick turnaround and hit the bridge. It didn‘t hurt him.:rofl:

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was just out of High School, (back in the 80's in Denver) I made a fast u-turn at a light and an officer did the same and hit the curb on his u-turn. He stopped me and I don't remember the conversation other than I said, "Well, I didn't hit the curb!"
At that moment, things could have gone badly in hindsight, but he walked away... ;) I'd never be that much of an idiot today.

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
The guys near Raleigh were crazy. This was back when we were still a little rebellious over the seatbelt law. This guy comes across the grass that’s probably 40 ft wide to pull me over for no seatbelt. While we are sitting there he all the sudden grabs his binoculars to look at someone. The only way he could have seen me was using binoculars while driving. Now, that’s safe. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Yippeekyaa

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
NC’s finest out hunting the elusive high speed mobile atm machine so they can make another withdrawal.

Brian10956

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Long ago when I was in my late teens we would put boards with spikes in the sneaky places were cops would hide. It worked is stopping them from breaking up our late night drag racing.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARTIndyCar