Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but not new to radar detectors.

MEDLASERMAN

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have a question that I couldn't find in the Forums.
I have a V1 g1 that's a few years old which replaced a much older one that was stolen. (sound familiar:confused:) Anyway while out yesterday, it was beeping as I dove thru a controlled speed area. I pressed the button to silence and now it doesn't make any sound; not even when I turn it on. The button can still be depressed, so it's not sticking. Of course I have both knobs turned clockwise - no difference.
I moved it to a different vehickle & even changed the power cord, but it is silent. Please help. Thank you - Mike

mattguy10

Keep it under a hundred
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome Mike! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your V1. I’m not sure of all the ins and outs of the Valentine detectors as I’ve never owned them, but it might be best to post your issue in the Valentine sub-forum. Someone there should be able to help you if you get no other replies here.

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a speaker issue.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Signal Environment

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sounds like you've taken all the normal steps that would account for a random glitch or user error (cycle power, check volume, plug in to another vehicle). So there could very well be a problem with the unit.

You could try to get your hands on a remote audio adapter and see if it will output the sound that way.

Best bet is probably to call Valentine. They are still repairing the Gen 1 units, and the cost tends to be fairly reasonable.

odiddy

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I would try a factory reset first.
Turn off with knob
Hold in the knob and turn right
(Don’t let go till you see lights on)
Click once until firmware version cycles
Click and hold again for like 15-20 seconds until front arrow turns on.

Turn off then on again

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM