R7 Band sensitivity by menu only!?

oktavf

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
So while driving to a work site yesterday I noticed a random cop as usual but this one was a new situation for me. He I/O on K Band of all things in Georgia. Had my first I/O on this same road in this state but it was KA. At this point I changed my mind to trying the R7 instead of the new V1 Gen 2 as we can open up K band sensitivity much higher like on the R1/3s when we know its a wide open trees everywhere area while still keeping the filter on. Anyways went as far as to order the last one locally hit the manual and said ahhh c**p as I like my detector right up top above the mirror so with my R1 I just hit the button on the front. Am I missing something? Talks of Uniden moving it as a option!??

Posted from my LM-V350 using the RDF Mobile App!

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I find the button placement on the R7 to be pretty annoying since I run detectors "high and tight" as well. I just experimented until my sensitivity settings were quiet enough for me and I leave it in Advanced mode.

All my GPS lockouts are set for my normal driving area so the only time I have to mess with the mode is when I travel. You may want to use the power cord mute button to initially set lockouts even if you'll be hardwired because the mute button on the detector kind of sucks too, IMO.

oktavf

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Indeed kinda spoiled with this setup!

20200523_130433_HDR.jpg

Posted from my LM-V350 using the RDF Mobile App!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcthome