Province rejects call by Edmonton police for new tools to crack down on speeders

synistyr

I need more coffee
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The comment section shows how smart some of them are.
The person they’re talking about, Brian Mason, isn’t in charge. His party lost the election.
Yeah I can’t handle the comments or editorial letters section. A comment blocking plugin definitely helps. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nighthawk

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t handle the comments or editorial letters section. A comment blocking plugin definitely helps. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a roll of the dice on the comments sections, sometimes you get an echo chamber, sometimes you get crazy people, sometimes you get some grounded people.

Also, very refreshing that we can remain the wild west of Canada and have some common sense use.

My faith in humanity meter went up a tick.

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speed is an oddly emotional issue. Far more fatalities occur due to red light running and failing to yield, but we never hear calls for vehicle impoundment for those clearly dangerous offenses. But drive across the Alberta prairie too much over the under posted speed limit and some people become hysterical. Good for their transportation minister to say no to an irrational overreach by police.

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The article opened by pointing out that the roads were otherwise mostly empty. It seems like some people believe that whatever number a sign says is always the right number, and anything higher will result in a spontaneous combustion of twisted metal that sends shrapnel out to impale the community. It’s strange and irrational.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfd