Lidar +25 Alp save- Truspeed

Ohioluck

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

PSL is 65mph. First real save for me. I thought there he wasn't around anymore because the police pin was marked almost a quarter mile in front of him. My Uniden R1 decided to anounce a real laser alert for the first time ever. The enforcement today was absolutely crazy. I've never seen so many police out like I have today. Plane, lidar and radar were all being used quite a bit. I'll have some more encounters to post later once my computer stops having a complete breakdown. (Took an hour to upload this video)

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
K band too, and then because your laser tone sounds like my Ka tone, im thinking : Laser, K, and Ka?

For a minute I thought your waze gave you such a long heads up, I was jealous. But you explained it.

Great save.
Thanks for upload

Ohioluck

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Surprised the R1 went off. Great save!
I was surprised too. I’ve had my uniform since last July. Since then I’ve been hit laser a couple times and it never went off. I’ve also had around 8 false alarms that gave me heart attacks. It’s also weird as right now I have it mounted above my mirror. Bad shot form the cop?

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
Nice save! ALPs will pay for themselves with a few more like it. Motorcycle cops will often just write ticket after ticket and in between they will only go a short way down the highway to catch their next customer, so that's probably why the pin was a quarter mile behind him.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent save! Congrats! :D

I wonder if the R1 picked up the laser gun or ALP reflections bouncing off of cars up ahead... :)

Ohioluck

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nice save! ALPs will pay for themselves with a few more like it. Motorcycle cops will often just write ticket after ticket and in between they will only go a short way down the highway to catch their next customer, so that's probably why the pin was a quarter mile behind him.
Yeah that probably what happened. This was on my way back home. A few hours earlier I saw two of them each working one side with people pulled over. So they were working fast and hard.
Excellent save! Congrats! :D

I wonder if the R1 picked up the laser gun or ALP reflections bouncing off of cars up ahead... :)
It might be reflection as I’m sure the moto cop is probably a good shooter and didn’t aim for my roof line. Or maybe he’s really good by shooting my roofline to get people with jammers🤔

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice save. The leo didn't seem to even flinch by it - no death stares.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I was surprised too. I’ve had my uniform since last July. Since then I’ve been hit laser a couple times and it never went off. I’ve also had around 8 false alarms that gave me heart attacks. It’s also weird as right now I have it mounted above my mirror. Bad shot form the cop?
My R3 did not alert once when testing with a TSS and its low on the windshield. Roofline shots didn't set it off either. About 10-12 total shots. It didn't alert to the Stalker hit (real) earlier in the day either. No triple digits or Mustang roar on this one?

STS-134

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
That officer must have a death wish. If you sit in the median like that and you get run over, you get the Darwin Award.

Ohioluck

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
No triple digits or Mustang roar on this one?
Lol, yes and no. Plenty of trip digit speed and hard pulls that were not in the video. I’m surprised myself that I didn’t accelerate any faster than I did right before I got shot. Would’ve made for one hell of a save though.
That officer must have a death wish. If you sit in the median like that and you get run over, you get the Darwin Award.
All the moto cops I’ve seen around here love to sit in the median like this. I’m amazed I haven’t heard one of them being mowed down in the news yet as some of them sit even closer to the road than this guy.

Ohioluck

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Now that is a save. I would have had to stop to clean my shorts if that had been me. Excellent save!
Definitely a pucker moment. Especially since I haven’t tested my setup yet. I think it works! And like Twi7ch said. No death stare meant I knew I was in the clear.
Nice multi-alert save! He waited till you were pretty close. Figure about 600 feet?
600 sounds about right. My guess is 500-600.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised the R1 went off. Great save!
My R1's pull that same s^%&! If I'm not running my TMG's, thay are blind as a bat, but if we are trying to test all of the sudden they catch every damn alert! Most of the time I have laser off on them, but sometimes I forget! Great save and video @Ohioluck !

atown1893

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nice Save!

FunctionalDoc

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

Looks like you where on I-71 north bound was that correct? State LEO on a bike or a local LEO?

Ohioluck

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looks like you where on I-71 north bound was that correct? State LEO on a bike or a local LEO?
Close. I was on I-275 East a mile or two before I-75. 4 miles away from I-71. It was Ohio Highway Patrol

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rush2112md