V1G2 audio on Motorcycle

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I waited impatiently for the V1G2 while checking the V1 patent thread religiously, and was super excited when the release was announced. I didn’t bite, though, because I decided to wait on Theia.

I don’t know how much longer I can wait on Theia, so I’m thinking of possibly buying a V1G2. Before making up my mind, I’m curious about how I could get audio alerts to my PackTalk Bold.

If I use the V1Driver app on my iPhone, which is connected via Bluetooth to the Packtalk Bold, would I get audio alerts?

For use on a motorcycle, would Theia be a better option?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudeinnz

NZCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
If I use the V1Driver app on my iPhone, which is connected via Bluetooth to the Packtalk Bold, would I get audio alerts?
Yes.

For use on a motorcycle, would Theia be a better option?
Best to go and read through/search the Theia threads for "motorcycle" as a keyword for any hints. Is it a better option? We will only know once it is released and motorcycle users who have used both report back.

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hear from @Jon at Radenso added an audio jack for.... add BT support to phone and/or future app.

I Run a V1G2 on android with JBV1.....works nice, though audio adjustment needed as speed/wind increase.

Either go now with V1G2 with App V1Driver, or wait to see what can be the said next better all-around detector with added ability Theia.

Last edited:

clphillips72

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hear from @Jon at Radenso added an audio jack for.... add BT support to phone and/or future app.

I Run a V1G2 on android with JBV1.....works nice, though audio adjustment needed as speed/wind increase.

Either go now with V1G2 with App V1Driver, or wait to see what can be the said next better all-around detector with added ability Theia.
Until someone develops an app for Theia, I’m not sure how I could get it to work for my application. I don’t want to plug in headphone jacks and route the wire to my helmet when I have Packtalk. Unfortunately my current detector (R7) has the same limitations, so a V1G2 might be the way to go for now.

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Until someone develops an app for Theia, I’m not sure how I could get it to work for my application. I don’t want to plug in headphone jacks and route the wire to my helmet when I have Packtalk. Unfortunately my current detector (R7) has the same limitations, so a V1G2 might be the way to go for now.

As always... till something is relisted, we can only speculate from the Manufacturers, users, and testers.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't use V1 Driver, I have JBV1. The app directs audio to the phone which is B/T'ed to my helmet. If V1 Driver uses the phone for alert audio it should do likewise.
As for the other detector, how many tickets are you going to risk while waiting some indeterminant time? It's been quite a long time coming already.
Get the Gen 2 now, if you then want the other, you'll get a good price for the Gen 2.

BMW rider

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have the V1G2, Cardo Packtalk Bold, and iPhone 11. The PB is connected to my phone (mobile 1) and my BMW Nav VI (GPS). V1Driver connects almost instantly and delivers audio alerts in my headset (band, direction and frequency). Works very nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfd