My first two ALP saves.

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don't see laser very much, 9 times out of 10 it's radar but...I was hit two times in the last 30 days by a moto with PL 3/4 (and it scared the s***t out of me!). Both times 15-20 mph over the PSL and my ALP had no problems keeping blue lights from chasing me down.
My V1G2 went off both times just before the ALP and my log from JBV1 showed that I was able to slow to within 5 mph of the PSL within two seconds. The first moto just looked away and shot the next vehicle behind me but the second moto, I seen him looking at the PL3 and wondering what happened.
I am thinking that maybe I should set the jam time to three or maybe even two seconds as both times the shots where from what I thought was pretty close range.
Any help,information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

odiddy

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
case by case dependent.

If you get some practice time in, the Jam time does not really matter (cuz you will kill it before the timeout). Would recommend running some practice.

Make a playlist, add the ALP alert sound in there, set the playlist to random, drive around, when you hear the random ALP track play .. then do your thing for practice.

Last edited:

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Well manually kill as soon as you reach the PSL, with practice you should be able to brake and kill In about 2 seconds, don't rely on the autokill, that's there for the emergency situation when you are mid sip of hot coffee or something and can't get to the kill switch.

Maz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It would appear your ALP had been formally tested and passed :laugh:

Whatever time you decide on, I think it takes the better part of a second to two seconds for a person to carry out a response to an unexpected event, so pad your time accordingly.

Last edited:

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I don't see laser very much, 9 times out of 10 it's radar but...I was hit two times in the last 30 days by a moto with PL 3/4 (and it scared the s***t out of me!). Both times 15-20 mph over the PSL and my ALP had no problems keeping blue lights from chasing me down.
My V1G2 went off both times just before the ALP and my log from JBV1 showed that I was able to slow to within 5 mph of the PSL within two seconds. The first moto just looked away and shot the next vehicle behind me but the second moto, I seen him looking at the PL3 and wondering what happened.
I am thinking that maybe I should set the jam time to three or maybe even two seconds as both times the shots where from what I thought was pretty close range.
I think a 3 sec auto kill is used by some (be careful with this). I had the same experience a week ago-- the first hit in 10 months on my TMG scared the life out of me, I did not react well. I am working on being very intentional and aware now.
Post automatically merged:

case by case dependent.

If you get some practice time in, the Jam time does not really matter (cuz you will kill it before the timeout). Would recommend running some practice.

Make a playlist, add the ALP alert sound in there, set the playlist to random, drive around, when you hear the random ALP track play .. then do your thing for practice.
This is a great idea. I never get hit with laser and am trying to figure out how to better my response. I am great with the R3 and KA chirp, but my TMG never goes off!

case by case dependent.

Alright, dumb question here: how would I get the alert sound (TMG for me) into an audio file to add to a playlist?

Last edited:

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
i would be worried when the V1 allerts first to the ALP with a lidar hit ? i dare say the cops are not playing fair and possibly wanting that slip affect

Last edited:

RadarScout

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
i would be worried when the V1 allerts first to the ALP with a lidar hit ? i dare say the cops are not playing fair and possibly wanting that slip affect
The difference is ALP will protect you against a laser hit where a radar detector may alert to it, but it's just a notification. ALP returns fire while a detector makes noise.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The difference is ALP will protect you against a laser hit where a radar detector may alert to it, but it's just a notification. ALP returns fire while a detector makes noise.
no shit

Last edited:

odiddy

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I think a 3 sec auto kill is used by some (be careful with this). I had the same experience a week ago-- the first hit in 10 months on my TMG scared the life out of me, I did not react well. I am working on being very intentional and aware now.

This is a great idea. I never get hit with laser and am trying to figure out how to better my response. I am great with the R3 and KA chirp, but my TMG never goes off!

Alright, dumb question here: how would I get the alert sound (TMG for me) into an audio file to add to a playlist?
Here you go, I took the audio from @SquirrelMaster CHP video. I tried to trim out the R7, but it still got in there. Hopefully it's good enough for practice purpose.

@SquirrelMaster, Let me know if this is okay with you, I can remove the file if it's not allowed.

Edit, just realized you have TMG. You can ask for @Jag42 for an MP3 of the audio file, or find a youtube video with them going off and export the audio to MP3 (google youtube to MP3). Take that audio, splice it down to the alert tone, then save re-save as MP3. Upload it to your playlist, set to shuffle.

Attachments

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

NorEaster18

Probably stuck in traffic...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Here you go, I took the audio from @SquirrelMaster CHP video. I tried to trim out the R7, but it still got in there. Hopefully it's good enough for practice purpose.

@SquirrelMaster, Let me know if this is okay with you, I can remove the file if it's not allowed.

Edit, just realized you have TMG. You can ask for @Jag42 for an MP3 of the audio file, or find a youtube video with them going off and export the audio to MP3 (google youtube to MP3). Take that audio, splice it down to the alert tone, then save re-save as MP3. Upload it to your playlist, set to shuffle.
I'm also fairly sure @thebravo once shared some audio clips of both the ALP and TMG alerts for practice. I have them saved on my old computer

Beat me to it by literal seconds @SquirrelMaster

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Thank you! ALP is close enough I do believe. I was gonna make a sound file of the TMG going off with Voice Memo, and go from there...........

Edit--I just looked at this thread closer--thank you Bravo and Squirrel Master!

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drkatzjr42