Welcome to the V1Driver iPhone/ios for V1
V1Driver is Now available in the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1081009674
I will NOT be responsible for any tickets or damages due to bugs or behavior of V1Driver. During or after Beta. Drive responsibly.
BETA IS CLOSED
V1Driver is not quite like YaV1, StealthAssist or V1Connection. It's what I've wanted and I think many other drivers wanted, so read on.
- Automatic GPS Lockouts (selectable bands).
- Emulated Savvy Lockouts (selectable bands).
- Alert Notifications with "Mute", "Lock" or "Snooze" acknowledgment
- Alerts are iWatch compatible
- Manual Mute (with automatic unmute from other bands)
- K/Laser Snooze feature (for when stuck behind BSM or LEDs)
- Live Map showing learning and unlearning process as V1Driver does it's thing
- Live Alert status on the map (strongest threat only, mirrors V1 display)
- Automatic reconnection to V1 with minimal battery usage
- Compatible with Hardware version of Savvy and still be Band selectable
- Bogie Map showing real time relative positions of "signals" on a 2D map. Super smoothing of data to get rid of noise and redundancy.
- Signal Strength meter with higher resolution than 8 fixed levels.
- Rate of Ramp Up on Main threat and each Bogey on the Bogey Map.
- iCloud backup and Restore of your Data
- Two Level Savvy Speed Setting (Startup and Quick Override) with automatic Reset and integrated current Speed
- Extensive Data Filtering on the "Pin Map" to closer inspect what V1Driver is doing.
- Delete unwanted individual or groups of pins or any "filtered" view directly on the Map.
- View detailed information on any collected data point (Pin) from the Map
- Automatic GPS Unlearn
- "2nd Chance" review of Manual Lockouts by allowing user to delete them within 24 hr's before they become permanent
- Savvy Warmup feature to allow GPS to get good lock but keep detector quiet in false dense areas (e.g. Parking Garage)
- No User Manual needed, Integrated help on each control through out the app.
- Savvy Override GPS Learning, it can learn what you set your Savvy Setting to and reapply it on your next trip to the same location.
- User Settable GPS Accuracy Monitor.
- Instant Replay that captures all events in real time all the time and can be played back at any time.
- Live Histogram of your signal strength also shows signal strength on your route on the Map
- AutoMute after user specified number of seconds (Per Band)
- Support for Ku Band for European Users
- Support for Hands Free Protocol for Motor Cycles, Convertibles or folks that like to blast their music from places other than bluetooth streamed from their phone. It will interrupt audio on alerts, like it's supposed to.
- Cool Demo mode that uses the "Instant Replay" feature that has Speed, Direction, Alerts, etc. of a real encounter. It will even drop "New Pins" in my home town.
- Support for "White Areas" these are designated areas like Police stations or regular Speed traps that you never want to take the chance of locking out, due to their regularity of LEO presence.
- Text To Speech Band and Frequency
- User POI (Point Of Interest) pins. Drop them where you want. You can set Radius and a Speed Threshold for them to fire.
Some other notable things:
- It was designed to allow users to just keep V1Driver in the background !!
- You never need to take your phone out of your pocket.
- You never need to relaunch the application (except once per boot).
- It won't eat your battery.
- It will instantly connect to your V1.
- It purposely does not rely on any audio from the iPhone but can. All Alerts (or muted alerts) can stay on the V1.
- You do not need to turn down the volume on the V1 and rely on the filtered alerts through the phone.
- You may get a short blip on the V1 or nothing if the phone Mutes it. But that can be a good thing too. It's extremely fast and I might be able to speed it up further.
- You can literally install it, run it and do nothing and the default behavior will quiet things down in a few days with no fuss with minimal risk.
Public Read Only
If you see a missing feature or bug PM, Post or email me and I'll add it.
Anything marked "Deferred" means I'll probably wait until next major release to address it.
Bug - Fixed a case where a K signal was muted (from V1Driver) and just dropped out and is immediately followed by a Ka and everything stays muted (this could be any two bands).
Behavior change - Improoved Snooze. Read Tip on "Snooze Mute For" option in Automute & Snooze Settings. This much safer to use and much smarter.
Bug - There was a fairly rare, but dangerous case a user found that when a signal was just muted by Savvy or GPSMute (usually K-Band) and within 2 seconds of that mute action a signal that should not be muted occurrs (usually Ka) and V1Driver would not unmute when it should. This is now fixed.
Bug - Speaker Only option fixed.
Enhancement - Added Ducking Control to Sound (Read Tool Tip). Defaulted Off (which is different behavior)
Enhancement - Added Debug Option for Recording Playback to treat events as real or not. The Default is Off. Where before, it was always On.
Enhancement - Added Optional Delay to Startup Sound on Connection. Allows sound check after car radio pairing is settled.
Enhancement - SavvySet Pins now can include direction.
Enhancement - SavvySet pins can be added manually to the map.
Feature - Added User POI (Point Of Interest) pins. Drop them where you want. You can set Radius and a Speed Threshold for them to fire.
Feature - You can now search the map for addresses, mainly so you can find a location easier to add WhiteArea and POI pins to.
Bug - Auto Unlearn was not checking GPS Accuracy.
Bug - Crash if you entered decimal point in some controls.
Bug/Enhancement - Added extra sanity check on data coming from V1 and ignore it if not good. Display will show "Bad Data"
Enhancement - You can now flip Savvy GPS learn from the main Driver screen by tap and hold on the Savvy Override Button. It will also show it's active with a "*" in front if in Learn mode.
Version 2.0.2 First Release to Store
My goal is to satisfy the Escort "9500ix, Max2" croud that own V1's. That is the Market this app is targeted for. Set it and forget it.
I was very happy with my 9500ix's when they released. When it went off, I always checked my speed and surroundings.
Today, with Escort's very poor K-Band filtering, only Ka is of any use on any of their products. I had the Sti-R+ and it was very nice but K-Band is near useless.
The V1 does a very decent job filtering K-Band BSM with TMF2 enabled. It suffers slightly on performance but not nearly as much as Escort's does.
You get FAST arrows and it's really nice option to enable rear K muting as well as the other K-Band filtering it does.
The only Weakness in the V1 is stationary K-Band falses. Android folks have YaV1. iPhone folks only had Savvy or Emulated Savvy.
So it's time the iPhone folks to have GPS Automatic Lockouts and some other goodies.
The Low Energy bluetooth dongle, only used on the iPhone, makes this more practical to do.
You don't even need to power your phone. It uses nearly nothing when trying to connect from background and uses very little when actively connected. A long trip might need power.
I'm looking for folks that really have been waiting for something like this and want to give feedback (not required to be in Beta).
One critical thing I added that I found missing on Escort based GPS devcies is a certain amount of time must pass between each encounter to be "counted".
If you drive up and down the street 3 times with a real Leo, the Escorts will lock out the Leo. V1Driver will not. Time MUST pass and you can set that time.
The default is 3 hits 24 hours apart. The image below is set to "Escort" mode with time set to near zero for testing. 3 passes and it will lock lout.
- Back up before tinkering
- Set the settings to require 0.01 hours between hits and set Savvy to 0.0 (off). Now drive around in the Mall parking lot with the Map up and you can watch it in "Fast Motion" (see Video)
- To start over uninstall and re-install and you will be back with NO DATA and default settings and restore your backup.
FEEDBACK or PROBLEMS
Please post feedback or issues to the thread so folks can help each other.
I will monitor this thread and jump in if not handled.
For private correspondence use Send Log option (even if you have no log) in the App
For customizing your V1 use Valentines V1 Connection App on the iPhone free from the App Store.
Does a nice job explaining how to set things up here.
Customizations are completely optional but highly recommended.
I personally run (different from factory settings):
Default Ka Custom Sweeps (same as YaV1)
K Band Muting - 3 Second delay, Rear Mute - Off, Unmute above 5 - On, No Mute Above 3 - On (basically the most minimal you can set)
Bogey-lock Volume to Lever
The Map is real time. So you will see pins pop on to the map as you encounter alerts and change color as the location changes state.
10 Ways to Mute:
- GPS Learned Lockouts
- Savvy Hardware Speed
- Savvy Emulated via GPS Speed
- Snooze (K and Laser Only) Ka or X Cancels (unless GPS Locked) - Double Click Mute to Activate / Single Click to Cancel
- Manual Mute Single Band (Single Click to Activate)
- Manual Mute Multiple Band (new bands that are not Auto Locked out will unmute and can be appended to Mute with additional Click)
- iPhone Notification Mute or Snooze Acknowledgement
- iWatch Notification Mute or Snooze Acknowledgement
- Manual Mute on V1 (All Bands until quiet) (not shown and not very safe)
- AutoMute after User Specified Time (No Manual Clicks ever needed) (not shown yet)
- Day and Night Theme
- Supports All devices that can run iOS 9.0 and have a GPS Chip in Landscape and Portrait.
- Tested on iPhone with no data plan.
Vortex Video on V1Driver. Thanks Vortex - You explained it perfectly.
New Bogey Map Demo
Auto Learn and Unlearn Demo
Instant Replay Feature
Savvy GPS Learn Feature