Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 730 Posts
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Premium Member

usa

Re: Looking for iPhone Beta Testers for new App !!

Quote Originally Posted by WJS View Post
    My testing is going well. Many of my usual falses are turning green. So far, so good.
    @mswlogo Did you notice the Savvy slider can go negative?
    Awesome, thanks for your feedback.

Anxious to see some others chime in. There are currently around 30 testers !! and I've only heard from half dozen or so.
    I can see from Testflight most folks have been updating on each release.

About 6 others have never installed it. If you are out there having issues installing PM or Post.

My buddy running it the longest gave it a great complement. "I would NOT be running the V1 without your App"
    I convinced him to dig his V1 out of the closet and upgrade it.

He, like many friends, can't be having co-workers etc. in his care with the thing blaring unnecessarily.
    He can deal with it, if it's mostly right and point out to the co-worker that it just spotted a LEO over there.

2017 Jeep GC Summit - V1 - Custom Swept - V1Driver
    2011 VW CC - V1 - Custom Swept - V1Driver
    Check out V1Driver "Instant Replay" https://youtu.be/MWxu6r-7AGk

Learning to Drive
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - General User

usa

Social Group: Carolinas Area Testing Group Social Group: Firearms Talk Social Group: The Great Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
    Anxious to see some others chime in.

In addition to the Savy slider going into the Negative... is there a way to have it remember the last setting?
    Much of my driving is in slower than the default 20 and I'll set the slider to 15. Unfortunately, based on work, I do have to hard shut down the App / Phone. When I restart the program it is back at 20.
    While I've been using the program it just happens to be in one of my 'lesser driving' weeks. This weekend and onward I should be able to get out on it more.

Only other observation, When I use the phone in portrait mode the 1st screen just overlaps all the text lines... more than like an aspect of the 6s+ but it is a 'Happy to Glad' type thing and if simply running the program in the background or on the map screen you wouldn't see it.

I'm your huckleberry
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 760 Posts
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - VIP Member

usa

I don't have a V1 but just wanted to say nice job
    .....read before you buy, test before you FLY

CM's: Redline, RPSE, LRD 950, RX65 S7, K40 RL360i, LI Triple, ALP Triple DC: Itronics ITB-100HD SP Radar : Stalker ATR Ka , Kustom Eagle Plus Ka Lidar : Stalker LR, Stalker LZ1 , LTI Marksman 20/20 Scanner: GRE PSR-800 Thermal Imaging: FLIR E4

My Installs:2013 Suburban LTZ (retired) /2009 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet / 2016 Ford Explorer Sport /

PSL +15
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,060 Times in 2,433 Posts
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Prior Leadership Member (Moderator/Administrator)
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - VIP Member

usa

2014 Member of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by patsy1099 View Post
    I don't have a V1 but just wanted to say nice job
    And I don't use ios, but again.. Nice job!
    The Second Mouse gets the cheese!.... Use a Rabbit!

---->
    Latest YaV1 Manual Here!... - YaV1!!!

Direct link to latest YaV1 public app and manual https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=30046

*All about YaV1 Section Here!

The best just keeps getting better!

Find yourself.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmvNMUEFZg

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

usa

Quote Originally Posted by Abn Panzer View Post
    In addition to the Savy slider going into the Negative... is there a way to have it remember the last setting?
    Much of my driving is in slower than the default 20 and I'll set the slider to 15. Unfortunately, based on work, I do have to hard shut down the App / Phone. When I restart the program it is back at 20.
    While I've been using the program it just happens to be in one of my 'lesser driving' weeks. This weekend and onward I should be able to get out on it more.

Only other observation, When I use the phone in portrait mode the 1st screen just overlaps all the text lines... more than like an aspect of the 6s+ but it is a 'Happy to Glad' type thing and if simply running the program in the background or on the map screen you wouldn't see it.
    You can set the Savvy Speed in Settings to what ever "Boot up" (Default) Speed you want. That is always "Saved".

The Slider is an interactive override to that speed. By design, it resets to what ever you have set in Settings.

You can set your default Speed High and slide the slider left as needed or set default Speed Low and slide it to the right.

If you tap the "Savvy Override" text it will reset to your default value so you don't have to fuss with the slider to get it back to "Normal"
    It will remember your last override and if you tap the text above the slider again it will go back to your last override setting.

When you disconnect from V1. It will, by design at the moment, forget what your last override was.

So just go in settings and set it to 15.

What phone are you using and do you change the default text size on the phone?
    Send me an image. I've tested a lot of combinations, but not all of them.

Thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

A risky behavior of the stock V1 I noticed and now compensate for in V1Driver.

If you are currently in say a K alert situation and you Mute the V1.
    And shortly after that you encounter say a Ka Alert. The V1 will not automatically UNMUTE !!

This seems risky and a common case.

Now I do have my Bogey Change Tone set to the Lever and have the Lever set low.
    You go insane if the Bogey Change Tone is set to the main volume or not set the Lever low.

When V1Driver sees this situation. It will Unmute the Ka if it Automuted the K.

Is this just the way the V1 has always been or have I set something wrong that would make it do this?
    Last edited by mswlogo; 02-19-2016 at 03:26 PM.

WJS
    A low profile can be the best defense
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Beginner User

usa

Re: V1Driver iPhone/ios BETA Project - Version 1.29 is in Apple REVIEW

I believe it will beep at normal volume for the new alerts but only once then back down to muted volume.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

So I just made a run with my phone in my inside jacket pocket and the Savvy setting worked great. I was wondering if it would receive enough GPS signal for speed but it had no issue.
    @mswlogo can you add the ability to automute X band when it's only detected from the rear? This setting is in the V1Connection app for K band but is not available for X band.

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

usa

I believe it will beep at normal volume for the new alerts but only once then back down to muted volume.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

So I just made a run with my phone in my inside jacket pocket and the Savvy setting worked great. I was wondering if it would receive enough GPS signal for speed but it had no issue.
    @mswlogo can you add the ability to automute X band when it's only detected from the rear? This setting is in the V1Connection app for K band but is not available for X band.
    That's because you probably have Bogey Change set to Main Volume. And you are hearing a Bogey Count change. Which are annoying and get tuned out because the bogey counter changes all the time.
    You would hear no difference between a K bogey count change and Ka added to the mix.
    It should give a full Ka Alert IMHO. With V1Driver running it will. Or if it sees a new K that hasn't been locked out it would unmute as well.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 02-19-2016 at 05:28 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post:

WJS (02-19-2016)

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Intermediate User

usa

So far, so good. No crashes. What I have noticed is that SAVVY is not always accurate/sensitive. I have SAVVY set for 37.0 MPH. I will notice K-band going off even when I am at speeds of less that 30 MPH. Otherwise, it's great. I'm impressed on fast you get updates up and running. I do wish I could run the V1connect while running V1Driver but I cannot. That's probably the case with any app competing for the same Bluetooth dongle.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives-William Wallace

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

usa

Quote Originally Posted by DrCGuerra View Post
    So far, so good. No crashes. What I have noticed is that SAVVY is not always accurate/sensitive. I have SAVVY set for 37.0 MPH. I will notice K-band going off even when I am at speeds of less that 30 MPH. Otherwise, it's great. I'm impressed on fast you get updates up and running. I do wish I could run the V1connect while running V1Driver but I cannot. That's probably the case with any app competing for the same Bluetooth dongle.
    Is the display showing you are under (Red) and K band going off?

What is GPS Accuracy showing?
    Last edited by mswlogo; 02-19-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

usa

That K band Rear Ignore feature is a Hardware feature in the V1 it's not a V1Connection feature, the app just makes it easy to set. I suppose it could be emulated in software too. I'd say probably.
    It could emulate most all the Hardware K band muting features.

Keep in mind that I believe the reason it exists is due to the numerous forward looking Radar System on cars with Crash Avoidance systems.
    The Blind Spot monitors are mostly pointing rearward.
    For X band a Threat or False could be equally common front vs rear so I don't think it will buy you much. The risk vs reward is low on Rear Mute X (assuming you need X).
    Versus the risk vs reward on ignore rear on K band is fairly high. I normally have Rear K off. But with testing with my own guns I never know which side it will pick up and will often be the rear.

Also with no App running and running V1 unhooked from bluetooth. If I start my K gun and manually mute the V1. Then click the Ka gun I get NO audio alert !! It's still visible on display.
    I have my lever as low as it go and bogey count tone set to lever.

If I raised my Lever volume (Which I don't want to do because it would defeat running any app) or set Bogey count tone to Main Volume (which also partly defeats the app because it will be noisy) I'd get a bogey change tone.

If you are going to bother running an app to make it quiet you should set the lever fairly low and set bogey count tone to lever.
    My app partly fixes this situation that if it muted K it will unmute Ka. But if the user muted the K it would not unmute the Ka.
    I hope to improve upon this and handle it if the user manually muted K as well.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 02-20-2016 at 12:43 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post:

WJS (02-20-2016)

Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast