[P] Discussion related to V1Driver...

Learning to Drive
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - General User

Re: V1Driver iPhone/ios Project

Hi. A coupled of days ago, I noted that POI's were not functioning properly. It turns out that I was not getting audio from V1 driver. I reset settings to default and this didn't help. I then tried some experiments. It seems that V1 driver doesn't interrupt radio on my Acura TLX 2015 unless I set HFP on. It does interrupt bluetooth music with ducking enabled. I am surprised since telephone calls or even text messages do barge-in on radio. I don't know if this behavior is unusual but I guess I need to enable HFP when not streaming or is there another thing I might have set wrong? Perhaps I should leave both HFP and ducking off and turn on Use Speaker Only?
    BTW-Did you check out the settings to display 0/1 in dialog switches?
    Last edited by HeartDoctor; 06-15-2016 at 11:24 PM.

Learning to Drive
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
    If you are having to Recalibrate every time that is because you are doing something to knock it out of calibration, every time. I never have to recalibrate and I always have map heading up.

The most common cause of knocking it out of calibration, is you are using a magnetic mount in your car, which are very common.

Nav apps do not use the compass for your heading, they use your route, so you won't see this issue in Nav apps. But V1Driver does not have your route and doesn't even know it's on a road and relies on your compass.

It will work fine, I always use it, if you don't knock it out of calibration.

It could be a case with a magnet or something. You need to identify what is knocking it out if you don't want that recalibrate annoyance.
    Yep. I use a magnetic mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Intermediate User
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Premium Member

usa

Quote Originally Posted by HeartDoctor View Post
    Hi. A coupled of days ago, I noted that POI's were not functioning properly. It turns out that I was not getting audio from V1 driver. I reset settings to default and this didn't help. I then tried some experiments. It seems that V1 driver doesn't interrupt radio on my Acura TLX 2015 unless I set HFP on. It does interrupt bluetooth music with ducking enabled. I am surprised since telephone calls or even text messages do barge-in on radio. I don't know if this behavior is unusual but I guess I need to enable HFP when not streaming or is there another thing I might have set wrong? Perhaps I should leave both HFP and ducking off and turn on Use Speaker Only?

I would not recommend using just speaker only, that will cause the sound to only come through your Iphone Speakers. If you have your Iphone synced with your car, you need to make sure to use HFP so when a voice or signal is detected it will interrupt your radio or other audio sources properly. In many cases it will interrupt other blue tooth devices as well (Not sure if you will need ducking in this case or not, you may have to try it both ways.) BTW, phone calls and text messages will always take priority over any other audio device running HFP. We have looked at those 0/1 dialog switches, I never knew the Iphone could do that.
    Last edited by belusch; 06-16-2016 at 12:35 AM.
    V1 3.8945 / Savvy / X-band off/ TMF2-On / Custom Sweeps

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 730 Posts
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User

usa

Thanks for following up.

If you are not "Streaming" from your phone (i.e. listening to FM Radio) you need HFP On so V1Driver will interrupt the FM Radio (like a phone call would).

If you are "Streaming" from your your phone (i.e. Pandora or just music from the phone) you have to select your Bluetooth Source on the Radio and All Sounds out of the phone, including V1Driver will come through on the Radio.

If your listening to FM Radio on the car and you play music on your (Bluetooth paired) phone, do you hear it on the radio? No, V1Driver is just like a Music Player when HFP is Off.

When HFP is on in V1Driver, V1Driver behaves more like a Telephone.

So if you are listening to FM Radio, and you receive a phone call, do you hear it ring, Yes. Likewise with HFP On in V1Driver you will hear it Alert.

Speaker only is an option to consider. It won't be very loud but it will be quicker than HFP, and some people don't like their entertainmaint interrupted and is a simple means of getting just the "Voice" for POI's and Band/Frequency and relying on the V1 for the Alert Tone.

It's up to you and you can try it different ways. I've given every option under the sun for sound. I think

Yes on the 0/1. I never went into that menu because I assumed it was for hearing impaired type options.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 06-16-2016 at 12:57 AM.

2017 Jeep GC Summit - V1 - Custom Swept - V1Driver
    2011 VW CC - V1 - Custom Swept - V1Driver
    Check out V1Driver "Instant Replay" https://youtu.be/MWxu6r-7AGk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post:

HeartDoctor (06-16-2016)

Learning to Drive
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

Listening to XM radio V1 Driver does not come through unless HFP is on. Listening to blue tooth it does. I guess that the radio switches to play blue tooth music only by the source selector and V1 driver appears to be a music player. Would having both HFP and Ducking Enabled cover all music sources or would this cause a conflict trying to alert using 2 protocols at the same time?

Learning to Drive
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

Received my V1 yesterday, you were right, threat direction becomes a lot more evident when actually using the app.

Am I correct in assuming that if the alert is above the horizontal line it is in front of you; and below it is behind you?

Side note Id be happy to help beta test. Not sure if it would be helpful, but I have a 6s jailbroken on 9.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey9999 View Post
    I just purchased V1Driver over the weekend while I wait for my V1 to arrive, hopefully by Wednesday (upgrading from a 9500ix). The app looks great, I appreciate the hard work that went in to it!

Question - are there any plans to include the traditional arrow display in future releases? In the mean time, is there a way to determine threat direction with current functionality?

Thanks!
    Wait til you get the V1.
    Yes, you can tell direction and more.

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

usa

Listening to XM radio V1 Driver does not come through unless HFP is on. Listening to blue tooth it does. I guess that the radio switches to play blue tooth music only by the source selector and V1 driver appears to be a music player. Would having both HFP and Ducking Enabled cover all music sources or would this cause a conflict trying to alert using 2 protocols at the same time?
    Pretty much all radios behave that way.

Ducking has no effect on what gets routed where. It only adds an additional effect of reducing the volume of the other audio in SOME situations.

If you want the freedom to use anything on the Radio use HFP. But nothing is for free. HFP is a little slower because it has to tell your radio to switch to Bluetooth to hear it. And it does it, in a ear friendly way by fading out what you are listening to, then switching.
    This is all a function of your radio. It can take a couple seconds.

Also be aware that if you are in a Call it will not Cut into the Call with an Alert. So don't turn your V1 down all the way if you use HFP. If you are on a call, the radio will be off and you should have no problem hearing the V1. But you won't get the Voice from V1Driver. This is a bug that will get fixed one of these days. And I'll make it an option because some people would prefer it not cut into the call.

Read all the tips on the options and try different combinations.

Some people don't like HFP because if you get a lot of falses having it cut in and out on the Radio can get annoying.

But if you are out in the boonies cruising along with the top down and radio blasting. HFP can be the best thing since sliced bread.

Really depends on your situation as to what is best.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hockey9999 View Post
    Received my V1 yesterday, you were right, threat direction becomes a lot more evident when actually using the app.

Am I correct in assuming that if the alert is above the horizontal line it is in front of you; and below it is behind you?

Side note Id be happy to help beta test. Not sure if it would be helpful, but I have a 6s jailbroken on 9.0.2
    You got it !! And if it's far to the left it's close to you and far to the right it's away from you.

Send me a PM with your Apple ID email if you want in on Beta. You must be willing to expect more bugs on the Beta.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 06-16-2016 at 11:02 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post:

hockey9999 (06-18-2016)

Learning to Drive
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

Shout out and thanks to mwslogo for making this app! It's re-energized my use of the V1. Best $15 (Canadian) app store purchase I've made in a while
    Why yes, I do know how fast I was going, with the earth rotating at 1000 mph and the orbit around the sun adding another 67,000 mph, I would say I was going 68,000 mph, plus or minus 100 mph.
    Now that doesn't even take into account the galaxy orbital speed or our movement towards the Great Attractor

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ArctixFox For This Useful Post:

mswlogo (06-18-2016)

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Intermediate User

usa

@mswlogo, we are back up and the latest beta update seems to be working well.
    V1 3.8945 / Savvy / X-band off/ TMF2-On / Custom Sweeps

Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    iTrader Score

usa

That same beta was released to App Store yesterday.

Page 101 of 112 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast