- Mar 22, 2017
- Reaction score
- New England
COBRA ELECTRONICS LAUNCHES THE LATEST DRIVER AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY WITH THE NEW COBRA ELITE SERIES: ROAD SCOUT AND DUALPRO 360°
First 2-in-1 Driver Alert System to Combine Accurate Radar Detection with High-Definition Dash Cam to Keep Drivers Informed Behind the Wheel CHICAGO – June 12, 2019 – Cobra Electronics, the leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today...
Looks like a Cobra-branded Max360/GT-360 and a hybrid RD/dashcam, both retailing for $450. We've seen the Cobra Scout before, but this is the first time I've heard of the DualPro.
Cobra DualPro 360°
Engineered in the U.S., the new Cobra DualPro 360° is a true connected 360° radar and laser detector that alerts drivers of traffic enforcement on their journey, including red light cameras, speed cameras, radar-based live speed enforcement locations and other road threats. Exclusive In-Vehicle Technology™ (IVT) filter (recognition of false alerts resulting from other vehicles radar-based ADAS systems), patented AutoLearn® technology, and GPS-based filtering prevent false alerts and improves location accuracy to provide drivers with timely, up-to-date conditions.
Key features of the Cobra DualPro 360°:
- Front and rear advanced sensors
- 360° directional alert arrows
- Updatable Defender GPS database
- Updatable IVT Filter and Advanced DSP to reduce false alerts and improve accuracy
- Customizable high-resolution multi-color graphic display
- Wirelessly connects to the iRadar app for community-based alerts and speed limits
Cobra Road Scout Elite
The 2-in-1 Cobra Road Scout Elite includes a high-definition dash cam and highly accurate radar and laser detection system. The Cobra Road Scout contains sensors to detect live radar-based speed enforcement locations, while also alerting drivers of upcoming red light and speed cameras utilizing the Cobra and ESCORT Defender Database. In addition, the Cobra Road Scout is a connected radar, which means it can connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot for automatic in-vehicle software and GPS database updates.
The integrated dash cam lets drivers record their trip with crystal-clear, editable video that automatically embeds the location, date and time. The dash cam can help drivers tell their side of the story for insurance claims or incidents, allow parents of teen drivers to see footage of their teen’s driving behaviors, or just record the road ahead for fun. The new Cobra Road Scout’s design complements any dashboard – car, truck or SUV – and can be easily installed by the driver. Its incorporated Wi-Fi transmitter also allows the user to view, edit and share videos from their smartphone.
Key features of the Cobra Road Scout Elite:
- Maximum False Alert Filtering for improved Accuracy: filters out radar frequencies from new vehicles’ Collision Avoidance Systems and other ADAS systems as well as patented AutoLearn® technology to self-correct from sensors that create false alerts
- GPS-based filtering prevents false alerts and improves location accuracy to provide drivers with timely, up-to-date conditions
- Defender Database alerts drivers in advance to red light and speed camera locations
- Superior range, response time & accuracy, powered by high tech sensors and advanced DSP technology
- Connected car Wi-Fi compatible for live, in-car software and Defender Database updates
- Wirelessly connects to the Cobra iRadar app for community-based alerts and speed limits
- Full HD 1080p video, optimized for day or night recording
- Drive HD app enables drivers the ability to view, edit and share videos directly from their smartphones via the Road Scouts embedded Wi-Fi
- Internal GPS records speed and location information on all video files
- Continuous loop recording
- Automatic video saving upon impact with a 16 GB Micro SD card