that location has a a cop on it 50% of the time
thanks for listing all the locations. now i have nothing to contribute lolFor traps I've encountered
- Laurel Hill Blvd under the BQE by the cemetery (ALWAYS THERE WITH LIDAR). btewen 58th and 48th st
~ Queens Blvd west when you come up the hill from the tunnel near the mall. They are almost always there on the left shoulder
~ Queen Blvd west express/local lane shoulder by the BP before 58th street
- Metropolitan ave at the entrance/exit/middle of the cemetery from 80th st to cooper ave
- Woodhaven northbound they stay on the side street on the two blocks right after Yellowstone Bvld on that curve
- Metropolitan ave westbound after woodward ave/western beef (got a rear hit once)
- Coming off the RFK Bridge and getting on. They stay on the lane that merges onto the bridge on the local street
- Westbound: on the onramp right after the Van Damn Exit. You barely see the top of the car as they get you with laser
- Eastbound: the flat stretch near the malls. Right shoulder mirror shots
- Eastbound: right shoulder going to Vermont Pl near the park
- Eastbound: exit shoulder to Cypress Hills
- Eastbound: exit shoulder to Forest Park Dr (exit 4 and 5)
- Westbound: on the grass to the right before Myrtle Ave
- Westbound: exit shoulder to Vermont Pl
- Westbound: rarely seen but possible exit shoulder to metropolitan ave
- GCP eastbound (tracking from the RFK)
~ coming off the RFK past the first exit, they stay in the grass in the median
~ approaching LGA, they stay under the underpass when getting off the BQE eastbound abeam 77th st
~ off the GCP on the local street before the BQE and after 49th st, they setup in the cemetery entrance
- the gas stations by LGA
- after Union Tpke they stay on the shoulder in that walled area before Utopia Pkwy
- entrance ramp from 188th st
- the gas station near their patrol building and the grass area right after
- ANYWHERE on the shoulders after that. they use mirror shots....
- big shoulder/striped area by the Little Neck Pkwy exit
- Center median before getting in Nassau County (also used by the staties)
GCP westbound (tracking from Nassau County)
~ Center median entering Queens (also used by the staties)
~ ANYWHERE on the shoulders after that. they use mirror shots
~ at the gas station
~ shoulder in the walled area
~ shoulder to the right before Queens Blvd/Jackie Robinson
~ near the LIE overpass they setup on the shoulder
~ local lane before Northern Blvd, they setup in the grass to the right
~ gas station by LGA
- Heading up north
~ sometimes by 73rd/union tpke ave exit
~ By the LIE exchange (BE CAREFUL. THEY HIDE UP THE HILL PAST THE FIRST OVERPASS AND SHOOT DOWNWARDS - PM ME FOR THE LOCATION)
~ shoulder near Northern
~ before the bridge
- Heading down south
~ long shoulder off the bridge
~ their paved spot after the dip in the road before northern blvd
~ LIE exhange
~ sometimes by 73rd/union tpke ave exit
- Southbound after the whitestone, ANYWHERE up to the split for the GCP/LIE
Forgot about by western beef. I got tagged in the rear once by laser over there. On Flushing and Rust? Really, where and with what?
- Metropolitan Ave between Newtown Creek and Flushing ave in Brooklyn/queens. (Close to Western Beef)
- Flushing ave and Rust st, right when you exit the tunnel
Thanks. Still haven't seen them there yetMcGuinness Blvd. coming off the Pulaski bridge. Usually sitting on the Brooklyn side in Greenpoint with LIDAR. They stand outside the car and point cars to pull over.
Seen them once on the Queens side tagging cars before the stop light in Long Island City.
That could be the team that calls themselves the Wolfpack (which I think they stole the name from NC Staties). They travel around the state and hit high risk areas as a team and generally use laser. Most times there is one shooter and 3-4 chasers. There were a number of accidents and a few deaths in that area in the past few years. I think that is where the drunk lady drove the wrong way on the Taconic in a minivan a while back. They also have been doing some enforcement on 84.I agree or a rodeo where they were either cracking down on enforcement or training the rookies.
Somewhere around the Taconic or another road which I forgot, there were about 3-5 lanes cresting up a hill. Coming down, I saw on the left hand side a guy with a lidar gun, with marked cars chasing down speeders. All about the 1-3 mile stretch there were cars pulled over by NYSP. First time I ever saw LASER on my Escort 5000. Pretty scary but I was going under the PSL for some odd reason.
Yes, usually a unmarked black impala or marked Taurus.Wow... I've never seen them there. 104th precinct with lidar?
Yea, I never seen them at that location. Is that by the Sunoco gas station?Thanks. Still haven't seen them there yet
Really appreciate it man, thanks!I usually turn off X and depend on Waze for the I-95 stretch in Jersey. Depending on time of day, Waze is very active on there. I know X is alive but to turn it on while driving then turn it back off then the falses does not outweigh me turning it on. Just my opinion. But K narrow on and Ka narrow should do you fine from Queens to Philly. I-95 has a lot of K falses north of .200 so definitely run K narrow.
is this up and running?Done. Whoever is interested in marking locations of leo encounters anywhere in the NY state, shoot me a message with your email and I will add you to collaborate on the map! Any questions on how to add a marker let me know. We will only do recent encounters starting from last weekend and on-wards. You can follow my marker as an example.
You can even add pictures and or videos to the marker. Great idea @tphank1 !
@Andrew21 @omgboost @oldcelt @samq45 @LuCroix @canettos @rider9195
Tag any NY users I forgot!
Just confirming it's ok to turn off K band for the I-95 in NJ. Thanks@radarrob and to anyone else
Looking to update my V1 profiles for my trips to Philly from Queens. Thinking about the following and please let me know how to tailor the bands if needed. Thanks
- Queens to NJ via BQE to the Verrazano then Staten Island to the Goethals Bridge. [ X OFF, K ON]
- NJ I-95 to exit 6 [ X OFF and turn it ON around EXIT 8 southbound, if not leave it on altogether, K OFF]
- Once crossing over the bridge into PA [ X OFF, K ON]
Also want to confirm it anyone has saw PSP K-band above 24.2XX. The 2XX range has all been lane assist from what I've seen. Thanks