With all the controversy surrounding the new update and the perceived problems with MRCD not going low enough, K band compromised and BSM alerts in abundance, how could the beta testers have given this upgrade its seal of approval. Is this an example of user mania or did the testers not do enough ?.
Haha...yes, the turnaround was quick and the new detector alerts as expected. I wonder if the steel tongue from my windshield mount could have killed the detector. Being in the Florida sun, heating up and then inserting the detector onto that almost to hot to touch piece of metal.
I have an R3 and the external audio jack is worthless. I have tried different mono earbuds and the alerts are barely audible.
When I had my Redline the audio jack worked just fine. I drive a convertible and play the music loud sometimes...very disappointed in the inability of the R3 to push...
I got the same message and updated and was still not able to update the R3. Grabbed the old PC and after stumbling around a bit on the interface finally did it.
I'm disappointed that I couldn't use the Mac which is my everyday computer.
Yesterday I put the detector in the car that has the mirror mount wiring and hoped for any alert...nothing. I had the detector wide open, everything on 100%, parked in front CVS and drove thru numerous strip malls.
It's time to return the unit and thank god I didn't get a ticket while thinking...
Ok...drove by a CVS and no alert. Then on I-95 passed multiple speed signs and nothing. Getting boxed up and sent back.
I bought a power cord on eBay for the new car and wonder if it could have had an effect on the unit, plugs into the receptacle...Worked fine on the other car with blendmount...