Radar Detector Forum (RDF / RDForum)

Javascript Disabled

We require javascript to be enabled in your browser for functionality purposes.
Please enable javascript and reload this page.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Restoring lens clarity to weathered jammers.

[P] The place to talk about LIDAR and general laser jammer discussion.

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punch Through City
    Posts
    6,985
    Wiki Actions
    1/0
    Thanks Given
    1,049
    Thanked 2,419 Times in 942 Posts
    iTrader Score
    2
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Prior Leadership Member (Moderator/Administrator)
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - VIP Member
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Premium Member

    taiwan

    Social Group: Blinder-Xtreme Social Group: Florida Zombies Social Group: Georgia Area Testing Group Social Group: The Chosen People
    Fatchick,

    Both forums can work together, and I hope will continue to work together. Feel free to link to any thread, post or article on the Blinderextreme Forum.

    It is ok for any member to be biased and post a biased post about any product that they use. As long as the post is based on fact, testing, or experience; write the post. The only exception I will make, is don't post anything that will invite GreenRadar to post another shirtless video on this forum.

  2. #12
    PSL +15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your Mom's closet
    Posts
    617
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    14
    Thanked 149 Times in 77 Posts
    iTrader Score
    0
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowcab View Post
    Fatchick,

    Both forums can work together, and I hope will continue to work together. Feel free to link to any thread, post or article on the Blinderextreme Forum.

    It is ok for any member to be biased and post a biased post about any product that they use. As long as the post is based on fact, testing, or experience; write the post. The only exception I will make, is don't post anything that will invite GreenRadar to post another shirtless video on this forum.
    agree x100.....

    ......especially the part about GreeenRadar. I don't mind naked people....but JESUS man! Atleast shave, light some candles and hold a Rose in your teeth if you're gonna be posting vids shirtless.
    I'd rather ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.



  3. #13
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY. Acura TL/MZDA 3. ALP, 9500CI-ZR4/V1/RedLine/LIVE {1,7,b,E,F,G ("l")} Spec & Expert mode.
    Posts
    13,283
    Wiki Actions
    50/0
    Thanks Given
    6,471
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,120 Posts
    iTrader Score
    1
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Administrator
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - VIP Member
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Premium Member
    East Coast Countermeasure Testing Group (ECCTG) Member

    usa

    Social Group: Android Social Group: Escort Army Social Group: Firearms Talk Social Group: The Chosen People Social Group: The Christian Core Social Group: The Great Outdoors
    What a special place we have here. The old America of forums.
    I use: Max with super DNA! 9500CI/ZR4 - LI Dual/ALP tri - RedLine - LIVE - V1 3.872/.893 YaV1{1,7,b,E,F,G (l/L)} I have used: 9500I Blue=x1 upgraded to ix. - 9500I Red=x2 - 8500 x1, 8500X50 Black, SmartRadar, PRO300, old Bel 9??, K40.


    -No one detector is perfect for everyone. And the one you donít like may be perfect for someone else.


    "trust, but verify"

    My install: http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=37598

    Old TL install: http://www.radardetectorforum.org/showthread.php?t=9654


  4. #14
    PSL +15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    275
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    34
    Thanked 46 Times in 32 Posts
    iTrader Score
    1
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User

    Social Group: Comp Sci Social Group: Escort Army Social Group: Florida Zombies
    I've been into detailing for awhile, it's one of my many hobbies I picked up to get me away from computers and work. I have restored headlights with a method similar to this:

    Headlight Restoration Process

    I would be willing to bet it would work fine on the jammer heads as well, but just be cautious. Also note that most of these kits have fillers and other polishing items in them that might possibly cause issues to the jammers performance. Once you are done restoring them with whatever they use, give the heads a wipe down with a Isopropyl Alcohol, diluted to 50/50 with distilled water will help with streaking.
    11 Mustang 5.0 | Redline | Blinder HP-905 | 8500 x50 (backup)
    Going fast is easy. It's that whole idea of going so fast you're finally happy with your car that is hard to achieve...

  5. #15
    PSL +15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your Mom's closet
    Posts
    617
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    14
    Thanked 149 Times in 77 Posts
    iTrader Score
    0
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User

    Quote Originally Posted by titter View Post
    I've been into detailing for awhile, it's one of my many hobbies I picked up to get me away from computers and work. I have restored headlights with a method similar to this:

    Headlight Restoration Process

    I would be willing to bet it would work fine on the jammer heads as well, but just be cautious. Also note that most of these kits have fillers and other polishing items in them that might possibly cause issues to the jammers performance. Once you are done restoring them with whatever they use, give the heads a wipe down with a Isopropyl Alcohol, diluted to 50/50 with distilled water will help with streaking.
    Good point titter! We want to restore the lens clarity without leaving anything on the lens that could leave it "cloudy to IR". This is why I think it's so important to have a camera that has an IR mode. So you can see what your transponder heads are doing. and that is why I inspected the heads before and after the treatment. in order to make sure that none of the chemicals in the RainX kit left a film on the heads that would block or reflect IR after I had performed my restoration. And that's why I posted the thread here on RDF and on Blinderxtreme.com. So we could get feed back from the community to refine the process.
    I'd rather ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.



  6. #16
    PSL +15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    275
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    34
    Thanked 46 Times in 32 Posts
    iTrader Score
    1
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User

    Social Group: Comp Sci Social Group: Escort Army Social Group: Florida Zombies
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchick1o9 View Post
    Good point titter! We want to restore the lens clarity without leaving anything on the lens that could leave it "cloudy to IR". This is why I think it's so important to have a camera that has an IR mode. So you can see what your transponder heads are doing. and that is why I inspected the heads before and after the treatment. in order to make sure that none of the chemicals in the RainX kit left a film on the heads that would block or reflect IR after I had performed my restoration. And that's why I posted the thread here on RDF and on Blinderxtreme.com. So we could get feed back from the community to refine the process.
    Well that's the power of the community lol. For those without the IR camera, this will guarantee removal of any polishes that could be left behind. It would also show the real finish down of the product in case those same polishes were just hiding the defects with fillers, and not correcting them (this is usually what most wax does).
    11 Mustang 5.0 | Redline | Blinder HP-905 | 8500 x50 (backup)
    Going fast is easy. It's that whole idea of going so fast you're finally happy with your car that is hard to achieve...

  7. #17
    Placement Expert
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,539
    Wiki Actions
    101/0
    Thanks Given
    749
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 842 Posts
    iTrader Score
    3
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - VIP Member
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Premium Member
    East Coast Countermeasure Testing Group (ECCTG) Member

    usa

    Social Group: Escort Army Social Group: Firearms Talk Social Group: The Christian Core
    Thanks for the thread.
    On a side note fatchick walked me through this process before this thread was posted with an LE10 head I had which was pretty scratched up. Its still got some scratches but it was a huge improvement Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkookm
    I really need to start slowing down when I pick up Ka
    Want to write an article for the RDF.org home page? PM me
    See a post that you think should be promoted to an article? PM me


    Fools rush in where angels fear to tread
    Quote Originally Posted by xyd View Post
    oh wotodspss im ambien full flegged ambien riht now the wakls are in strings i can see into the urniverse, i ust have edited your ****

    my xyd is an admin userm i can sed==e===ei eidit edit things without things being kniown knowanwn known wht i ean>

    This is my Radar Detector. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Radar Detector is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Radar Detector is useless. Without my Radar Detector, I am useless. I must use my Radar Detector actively. I must evade my enemy, who is trying to ticket me. I must detect him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my Radar Detector and myself are defenders of my community, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no speed limit, but freedom to speed. Amen.

  8. #18
    PSL +15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your Mom's closet
    Posts
    617
    Wiki Actions
    0/0
    Thanks Given
    14
    Thanked 149 Times in 77 Posts
    iTrader Score
    0
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Advanced User

    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Thanks for the thread.
    On a side note fatchick walked me through this process before this thread was posted with an LE10 head I had which was pretty scratched up. Its still got some scratches but it was a huge improvement Thanks again
    Glad to hear you were able to bring the lens back from the dead. It was pretty hammered. The problem with those LE-10 lenses is that they site "below flush" relative to the face of the housing. So getting at them can take a little extra effort.
    I'd rather ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.



  9. #19
    Security Detachment
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,738
    Wiki Actions
    6/0
    Thanks Given
    1,132
    Thanked 1,981 Times in 1,187 Posts
    iTrader Score
    0
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum Advanced User
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Security Detachment Member
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - VIP Member
    Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum - RDForum - Premium Member

    usa

    Social Group: Blinder-Xtreme Social Group: Comp Sci Social Group: Firearms Talk Social Group: Law Talk Social Group: The Great Outdoors
    Brilliant!


    Cheers.


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright © 2011 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System & AJAX Threads provided by Advanced User Tagging/AJAX Threads (Lite) - Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
P